• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit boarders texting you while you're on holiday

Jasperello

Warren Scout
Just wondering people's opinions/etiquette regarding rabbit boarding and if you get or would like updates from the boarders in the form of text or photos while you are away on holiday?
I personally would like to have the occasional update to know how my bunnies are while they are being boarded, but is that too much to ask for? Or is it something that's quite common? I've no idea because I've never had mine boarded, but will soon and I'm away for 2 weeks, feels like a long time to get away from them and being the anxious type id love to know how they are getting on. Is that something I can ask the person to do?

I've not boarded mine (yet!) either. When I've been researching I've seen several that will post a photo on your facebook page so I don't see why a text wouldn't be possible - I'd like this too

Maybe it depends on the size of the place you're boarding at. If it's a small private boarding place then I don't see why they wouldn't be able to send you updates. Can't hurt to ask!

Definitely ask! We haven't used one yet, but when we looked round a place they lady said she'd send pictures/updates via WhatsApp :)

I always ask my clients if they would like updates whilst they are away and most say yes :) sometimes when people go abroad it costs them to receive messages so in that case a couple of times people have said they'd prefer to be messaged via Facebook to save phone bills :)

Mine offers text updates and facebook updates too! She is excellent. I'd ask because it does set my mind at rest :) x

I always ask my clients if they would like updates whilst they are away and most say yes :) sometimes when people go abroad it costs them to receive messages so in that case a couple of times people have said they'd prefer to be messaged via Facebook to save phone bills :)
Oh Catherine I wish I lived near you, your boarding looks absolutely wonderful!!

I'd say to ask - shouldn't affect them too much if they use whatsapp.

Personally I prefer not to recieve them as everytime my phone goes off I'd panic. I prefer a call if there is a question/something wrong.

Just wondering people's opinions/etiquette regarding rabbit boarding and if you get or would like updates from the boarders in the form of text or photos while you are away on holiday?
I personally would like to have the occasional update to know how my bunnies are while they are being boarded, but is that too much to ask for? Or is it something that's quite common? I've no idea because I've never had mine boarded, but will soon and I'm away for 2 weeks, feels like a long time to get away from them and being the anxious type id love to know how they are getting on. Is that something I can ask the person to do?

To be honest I usually expect that someone will contact me at least a couple of times whilst they are away to ask how their rabbits or guinea pigs are. I am always delighted to report what they've been up to :D

One couple boarded their rabbits with me whilst they had a long holiday in the States. I also had their tortoise :D They took their laptop so I was able to send loads of photos of the buns and torty, and also little videos :D

To me it indicates that the owners really care about their pets and miss them when they are away :D

To be honest I usually expect that someone will contact me at least a couple of times whilst they are away to ask how their rabbits or guinea pigs are. I am always delighted to report what they've been up to :D

One couple boarded their rabbits with me whilst they had a long holiday in the States. I also had their tortoise :D They took their laptop so I was able to send loads of photos of the buns and torty, and also little videos :D

To me it indicates that the owners really care about their pets and miss them when they are away :D

I'm off to the states too, it's for 16 days and I'm going to miss them so much! I really hope that whoever I find can send me updates and photos! Even if it's just a quick message every day to tell me they are ok, that will make me feel better.

You're not within an hour or so of Nottngham/Derby are you by any chance?! I'm still desperately searching!

I'm off to the states too, it's for 16 days and I'm going to miss them so much! I really hope that whoever I find can send me updates and photos! Even if it's just a quick message every day to tell me they are ok, that will make me feel better.

You're not within an hour or so of Nottngham/Derby are you by any chance?! I'm still desperately searching!

No sorry, I am in London :cry:

Post again with your requirements in the title? I'm sure there's someone who does reliable boarding around who can help?

No sorry, I am in London :cry:

Post again with your requirements in the title? I'm sure there's someone who does reliable boarding around who can help?

Ah that's a shame, lots of people on here & rabbit boarders seem to be based around London and that area of the South! Or maybe it's just my imagination! Thanks for the suggestion, I've just done it :thumb:

Ah that's a shame, lots of people on here & rabbit boarders seem to be based around London and that area of the South! Or maybe it's just my imagination! Thanks for the suggestion, I've just done it :thumb:

Yeah I just saw :thumb:

Hope you find someone you're happy with. Also hope you have a great holiday, when it comes around!

Thank you! I'm very had a suggestion for the Bunny Lodge in Cannock already which is less than an hour away so off to a good start!

I do pet sitting visits and always pop some photos to the owners when I've been, and for dog walking I have a blog for photos. I get told it lets clients feel like their part of their pets days even when they can't be physically there.

I do pet sitting visits and always pop some photos to the owners when I've been, and for dog walking I have a blog for photos. I get told it lets clients feel like their part of their pets days even when they can't be physically there.

Hi FondueKid :wave:

Haven't seen you for ages. Are you OK?

Aw that's nice, I think when you're trusting someone, often a stranger, to look after your beloved animals while you're away it just hopefully gives some reassurance they are okay. I always wonder what they are up to just while I'm at work so being away for over 2 weeks Id love to see a few pictures to make me feel better :)

Back