• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Herbie is getting a lump removed - Update P64 - Another lump!

Kermit

Wise Old Thumper
My wee lad is at the vets, he had an abscess and we managed to get rid of with cleaning and antibiotic injections. But this other random lump developed about an inch away. The vet said that it doesnt feel like an abscess, but it is getting bigger, even with him being on the abx injections.

So he went off to the vets this morning to get it removed. He is a wee old man, so I hope he copes OK with the GA. I think he is about 8 years old.

He has Hollie up there with him for company. The vets said they will let him home after he has eaten, but I said that I would be keen to just get him home and I would monitor his eating, which I think I can do better than a busy vet :)

Hope the lump is nothing sinister!

Last edited:
Sending lots of vibes for Herbie. I hope all goes well and the lump is nothing to worry about. xx

My wee lad is at the vets, he had an abscess and we managed to get rid of with cleaning and antibiotic injections. But this other random lump developed about an inch away. The vet said that it doesnt feel like an abscess, but it is getting bigger, even with him being on the abx injections.

So he went off to the vets this morning to get it removed. He is a wee old man, so I hope he copes OK with the GA. I think he is about 8 years old.

He has Hollie up there with him for company. The vets said they will let him home after he has eaten, but I said that I would be keen to just get him home and I would monitor his eating, which I think I can do better than a busy vet :)

Hope the lump is nothing sinister!

Oh Kermit! Vibes for Herbie xx

Well, his lump was removed, was not an abscess so the vets are sending it off to the lab to get it tested. I don't know what I was expecting, but I never thought it would look as bad! I have had to separate him and Hollie as she might pull out his stitches (he won't do that himself as he has no incisors!)

Here is the room separation, his scar and him recovering on his wee bed...

Gosh, poor thing, it looks a bit large :cry:

Hope it's nothing to worry about - is Hollie wondering why she can't be with him?

Oooo, ouch! :shock: Poor Herbie! :( All sorts of healing vibes and hopes for a benign result of whatever it is. In my experience when this type of thing comes up suddenly, it's either a fatty lipoma or something called a hemangioma (?) I think...Jenna had one on her nose that was literally not there one day and the size of a pencil eraser the next. I didn't want to wait and see if it got any bigger than that! :shock: We had it off the day after and she completely recovered and it's never been back.

Hoping all will be well with your lovelies. :) xxxxx

Back