• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit Toys

Julia25

Alpha Buck
I'm finding it hard to find ways to entertain my bunny.

Her run isn't the largest so i can't put a lot in it and it has to be waterproof because the run has no cover. At the moment she has a snuggle safe warren which she loves to run in and out of but that is it. Her run is in the middle of a big oak tree because of where her hutch is situated.

In her hutch she has a garland chews, veggie ball, about other 3 toys and her hay rack with litter tray.

As you can tell thats not very much, she has some plastic baby cups and jingle balls as well.

Any ideas on what else i can give her?
She always seems bored when i go greet her, it doesn't help that she is a single bun but thats still an ongoing process. I feel like she isn't getting enough enrichment.

Her hutch isn't huge and i don't like to overfill it with toys.
Plus on the weekends she does get some time to free range if the weather is okay.

Toilet roll tubes aren't waterproof, but they are free! There's so much you can do with them, and they aren't big, so you can maybe put them in the dry area? There is a sticky thread with ideas in "behaviour and bonding" section.

I scavenged some apple tree branches and bought wooden nibble block and little loofah bits, which I'm hoping to tie together with jute string to make a dangly toy.

Even things like willow balls may work - I don't think wooden balls would react poorly to the rain, but I have indoor bunnies, so not an expert on that one...

I also recently bought a plastic tunnel from pets@h. I know a tunnel would take up space, but they wouldn't really be losing the space, as they'd gain the tunnel.

Willow balls are fine in the rain/constant wet :) They do disintegrate eventually but the buns usually destroy them first!

Big branches, logs, stuff hanging from the top of the run on strings (treats etc.). We push bramble through the top even now that they have to reach to get :thumb: There are plastic cat treat balls which I've used in the past. I also have some lengths of plastic tube (hacksawed from a long piece) I use like other people use toilet roll tubes. Those log/stick mini-tubes, the folding things, are good too. If you've got the right sort of run, you can pass a bendy tube from one opening to another :)

Mine have tubes but they've moved them into a space they don't use, and don't use them... :roll:

Just out of curiosity, how big are the hutch and run?

It is the P@H Rose cottage hutch. I was given it for free a while back, added bonus is that it fits perfectly against the side of the hutch. Her run i would say is 2-3 metres? I'm not too sure, she can do about 5 hops side to side maybe more. Don't forget she does get her free range outside and inside whenever possible.

It is the P@H Rose cottage hutch. I was given it for free a while back, added bonus is that it fits perfectly against the side of the hutch. Her run i would say is 2-3 metres? I'm not too sure, she can do about 5 hops side to side maybe more. Don't forget she does get her free range outside and inside whenever possible.
I was wondering if you could maybe attach a shelf or two inside so she can jump on them but still have the same amount of floor space? I also hang veg from a long piece of string and washing pegs and my bunnies really enjoy the challenge of getting it off the string.

Back