• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ted is dead.

chloemurray

Warren Veteran
He's been slowing down for a while, he's nearly 9 now but didn't have the best life before he came to me. He's seemed quiet the last few days but still very interested in food. Just found him laying in the litter tray having spasms and then he went.

I only lost Pud just before Christmas. I am one step away from rehoming the rest of my rabbits because clearly I'm doing something very wrong. I feel so numb

Eta just realised I wrote most of that in present tense, sorry. My head has gone to ****

I'm so sorry :cry: you're not doing anything wrong Chloe, you're an amazing owner Xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm so sorry :cry: I've lost pets close together before and I know you do blame yourself, but it's not your fault.

Binky free Ted

Sending hugs xx

I am so sorry :cry: I remember you losing Pud just before Christmas. Please don't blame yourself. A rabbit who hasn't been well-cared for previously has done well to reach nearly nine :thumb:

sorry to hear about Ted :cry:, 9 is a good age though, you have nothing to feel bad about your a good bunny mum x

I'm so sorry you have lost Ted - do not blame yourself, it is not your fault. Binky free at The Bridge beautiful boy. Xxx

So sorry you've lost Ted Chloe, don't think that this makes you a bad carer, he reached a good age so you must be doing the right things x

I'm so sorry Chloe :cry: If anyone can relate to how you're feeling, it's me, I've thought on multiple occasions that I must be failing my rabbits. Losing Theo, Poppy and Hector all so close together was almost the final straw for me. I picked myself up and tried to carry on, adopting Velvet and Reuben and everything was going well until of course I lost Velvet in December just gone. I felt just like you do, that's 8 rabbits I've lost and none of them have even got to a decent age, all so young.

8 is a wonderful age for Ted and he's had an amazing life with you, you're definitely not failing them. It's hard to see when you're so numb after a loss but you'll realise soon, it's just their time. Binky free Ted xxx

I'm so sorry Chloe :cry: If anyone can relate to how you're feeling, it's me, I've thought on multiple occasions that I must be failing my rabbits. Losing Theo, Poppy and Hector all so close together was almost the final straw for me. I picked myself up and tried to carry on, adopting Velvet and Reuben and everything was going well until of course I lost Velvet in December just gone. I felt just like you do, that's 8 rabbits I've lost and none of them have even got to a decent age, all so young.

8 is a wonderful age for Ted and he's had an amazing life with you, you're definitely not failing them. It's hard to see when you're so numb after a loss but you'll realise soon, it's just their time. Binky free Ted xxx

Thank you Emma :( it always seems to happen in groups. I lost Benji & Peanut Butter very close together, then Cupcake, Noodles and Pud all within the space of a year... And now Ted just 3 weeks after Pud :cry: xxx

I'm sorry that you have lost Ted. I am thinking of you. xx

So many of us have lost rabbits close together, me included, sadly sometimes it just happens that way and it isn't down to anything that we have done wrong. You said that Ted didn't have a good life before he came to you, yet you got him to a grand old age, which just shows what a good and caring rabbit owner you are.

Goodnight Ted, sweet dreams xx

Back