• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Getting banned from facebook groups...

tabithakat64

Mama Doe
Got myself banned from a rabbit group on facebook as I commented on a breeders post about RWA's recommended guidelines on space and providing a suitable neutered friend. She had lots of new bunny owners asking her advice on housing (her hutches were 4ft and 5ft ones with no hay in sight) and she free ranges her rabbits unsupervised in her garden as well as talking them walking to the local park on a harness and lead. :shock:

Usually I try to ignore these posts but she asked for feedback and was giving out loads of advice....

It makes me so angry :censored:

My personal opinion is that unless you can provide 60 square foot of permanent space, the correct diet, health care and a neutered friend (unless they are unbondable or can't be bonded for health reasons) then you shouldn't have rabbits at all. I know this offends lots of people but I feel really strongly about it...

You are right she is wrong, sadly for her rabbits who will suffer the consequences.
It does make you angry when ill informed people will see her as an "expert" and take her advice.
Good for you putting your point across.

Yes, I must add that you are doing the right thing. Think of it this way - if you were able to teach just one person about the correct way a rabbit in captivity should live and thrive that is both healthy and humane, then you've done well. Perhaps you helped someone see this before you were banned. I wouldn't put too much stress on your "banning" - Facebook reminds me of the silliness of high school sometimes. Keep it in perspective and the rabbit world is lucky to have you!

Well done on speaking up, I agree with nj bunnymom, if you reached one person with the right advice then it was worth it.

I'd take it as a compliment that you were banned

Back