• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Favourite treat?

Crumpet

Young Bun
Hi all?

I guess this has probably been posted before but I was wondering what all your buns favourite treats are?

Crumpet and Waffle love blueberries, it's a very rare treat for them but they love them! I love them too when I can get them for 5p reduced at asda haha.

Every night my two get their supper and they know it's time and start to Binky around! They get a herb either parsley or dill and either a piece of broccoli or curly kale. I recently tried them with cavolo Nero which they loved too.

Georgia X

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

practically everything :lol: Super enthusiastic about homemade bunny treats & mine love cavolo nero too (that was their supper tonight, with coriander)

practically everything [emoji38] Super enthusiastic about homemade bunny treats & mine love cavolo nero too (that was their supper tonight, with coriander)
How do you make the homemade treats? They sound exciting!

My two are greedy buns, they come running at the sound of any packet opening [emoji12]

My two get a piece of dried papaya or a fenugreek crunchie each.
They get different types of hay and dried forage everyday so that's not really a treat anymore, just variety!

How do you make the homemade treats? They sound exciting!

My two are greedy buns, they come running at the sound of any packet opening [emoji12]

I grind excel pellets (or use the dust in the bottom of the bag), grate carrot, apple, mashed 1/4 banana, not forgetting fenugreek powder. Bake in the oven low-ish til dried out. I've just got a dehydrator so I'm using that to do a batch right now. Obviously they are a bit calorific / unhealthy so they only get one every other day at most. Before tonight they hadn't had any for months as they seem to be getting chubbier this winter:oops:

I grind excel pellets (or use the dust in the bottom of the bag), grate carrot, apple, mashed 1/4 banana, not forgetting fenugreek powder. Bake in the oven low-ish til dried out. I've just got a dehydrator so I'm using that to do a batch right now. Obviously they are a bit calorific / unhealthy so they only get one every other day at most. Before tonight they hadn't had any for months as they seem to be getting chubbier this winter:oops:
Do you mind me asking what fenugreek does? I've never heard it mentioned before really.

Sorry, sounds really stupid I bet haha

Is there any other way to feed the powder that you know of? I fancy having a go at making my own treats. Crumpet loves Nibblots, she gets 2 for her breakfast but it would be better to know what goes into what you're feeding.

I'm currently feeding Burgess which they seem to love but I have have the supreme science which again, I give a couple as a treat to give them different flavours.

I don't really know other ways to give them fenugreek except sprinkle it on food but I'd worry they'd get too much ...not that i know what is too much, but erring on the side of caution

I think I'll get some of the fenugreek biscuits ordered to try them. Thanks for the info.

I'm also going to give your recipe a try, I'll let you know what they think... If I can manage the making part, baking isn't my strong point [emoji12]

Two of my bunnies loveee baby sweetcorn and curly kale, whereas my other bunny loves parsley and curly kale. I discovered today that they also enjoy a little bit of watermelon and because it is so juicy the noise they make when they eat it is too cute!

For unhealthier treats they love Naturals Carrotys and Naturals Fenugreek Crunchies. They all enjoy a special type of hay that I get too called Simply Nibbles as it has peppermint and dandelion in it, amongst other things of course.

How much of each ingredient do you use? I've been wanting to make some homemade treats for a long time as I think they are better for them, and I like knowing exactly what goes into them. I also like being able to say that my bunnies get organic treats as it makes me feel posh 😉 The only reason I haven't made them yet is because all recipes I've seen are in cup sizes and I don't know how much that is 😠😂

How much of each ingredient do you use? I've been wanting to make some homemade treats for a long time as I think they are better for them, and I like knowing exactly what goes into them. I also like being able to say that my bunnies get organic treats as it makes me feel posh �� The only reason I haven't made them yet is because all recipes I've seen are in cup sizes and I don't know how much that is ����

This is so funny to read as I always have the opposite problem! :lol: Though mostly for people recipes--I will have to look into making treats for Olive, sounds fun! And I'm sure they'd be a hit with my rats, too. :3 I've not seen Fenugreek anything here, but maybe Amazon will have it and I can get some... (though not for a while, my husband says "You have spent enough on this rabbit for the next few months!" as we've just completed her setup. :roll: )

I don't really do exact recipes:) I'd guess at 50% crushed pellets to 50% grated fruit / veg, 1/4 banana & a sprinkle of fenugreek powder. You cant go far wrong as long as there is enough veg/fruit to soften the pellets & allow you to shape them (mine look like abandoned caecotrophs:lol:).

Its easier to think of cups quite literally...its more about the ratio of the separate ingredients ..confusing self now :lol:

I don't really do exact recipes:) I'd guess at 50% crushed pellets to 50% grated fruit / veg, 1/4 banana & a sprinkle of fenugreek powder. You cant go far wrong as long as there is enough veg/fruit to soften the pellets & allow you to shape them (mine look like abandoned caecotrophs[emoji38]).

Its easier to think of cups quite literally...its more about the ratio of the separate ingredients ..confusing self now [emoji38]
Hahaha ok thank you! I'll have to try that out then!

Dave has a sweet tooth, he just adores fresh or dried fruit. He was delighted that I shared my banana with him this morning :)

The only fruit Chloe eats is apple, she prefers a barley ring.

What is cavolo nero? I've never heard of it...:oops:

Greens - Mine love Spinach & Kale.
Other treats, They love Liz's oaticakes....we've still got 5 bags left over from Christmas :lol:, Blueberries & banana.

Back