• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My little Leta

steph182

Wise Old Thumper
I think she's got very little sight left now. I still don't think she's noticed or cares! Her eyes look no worse and still no signs of pain so I'm very happy with her.

I haven't tried to take any photos of her in a little while before today because I was a bit sad about her poorly eyes :( But she's still gorgeous... And still hard work to get pictures of!

zSPKgfO.jpg

9zrZu5U.jpg

n2R3qSf.jpg

DjqXGSD.jpg

Last edited:
She's always had weird eyes so I think it must be something she was born with, it is really sad but I'm just glad that she's so confident and happy that she doesn't care. She's one of the most active hamsters I've had and I've had a fair few of them now!

Hamsters have pretty poor eyesight to begin with,they can only see cleary about a foot in front of them.They rely on their hearing and sense of smell.I've only ever had the larger Syrians and one of mine was born with no vision in one eye.The vet said he'd be fine as long as you don't re-arrange their toys, bowls etc in their cage.They become familiar as to where things are.As long you make them aware with gentle sounds that you are approaching them etc.

Yeah I know they don't have good sight anyway, I was just originally slightly worried she wouldn't cope as well as she has with being incredibly active since she seems to have lost her sight very quickly.

Her worse eye was swollen (seems to have gone down a bit thankfully) so my main concern was having to put her through eye removal at some point rather than her being blind.

Yeah I know they don't have good sight anyway, I was just originally slightly worried she wouldn't cope as well as she has with being incredibly active since she seems to have lost her sight very quickly.

Her worse eye was swollen (seems to have gone down a bit thankfully) so my main concern was having to put her through eye removal at some point rather than her being blind.

Aww,hopefully she will improve and won't need such a drastic measure.

Back