• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Don't you just hate when this happens....

FredW

Alpha Buck
As some of you may now, I work in the same room as Bunbuns and Fluffy. So we are basically together all day long. Which of course means that so often they are just laying by my feet so they can get their cuddles as and when they want to. Fluffy however has this habit of being right next to my chair, so every so often when I get up I don't spot him, and he ends up nearly getting kicked. I usually spot it, but sometimes I don't and he ends up with a foot hitting him. I hate that, happens very rarely of course as I always look where they are before getting up, but when he lays in a spot where you see him to late it always frustrates me, as I have waking him up or even him feeling like he is being kicked. when it happens I spend ages afterwards giving him little treats and cuddles cause I feel guilty. I don't think he's too bothered really, they never seem to, but I hate when it happens. What do you do when you accidently "kick" your bunnies? Of course we are not talking actual kicking here, just to make that clear, more like slightly grazing them with a foot while they are sleeping etc.

As some of you may now, I work in the same room as Bunbuns and Fluffy. So we are basically together all day long. Which of course means that so often they are just laying by my feet so they can get their cuddles as and when they want to. Fluffy however has this habit of being right next to my chair, so every so often when I get up I don't spot him, and he ends up nearly getting kicked. I usually spot it, but sometimes I don't and he ends up with a foot hitting him. I hate that, happens very rarely of course as I always look where they are before getting up, but when he lays in a spot where you see him to late it always frustrates me, as I have waking him up or even him feeling like he is being kicked. when it happens I spend ages afterwards giving him little treats and cuddles cause I feel guilty. I don't think he's too bothered really, they never seem to, but I hate when it happens. What do you do when you accidently "kick" your bunnies? Of course we are not talking actual kicking here, just to make that clear, more like slightly grazing them with a foot while they are sleeping etc.

Oh Fred I understand and I am mortified when I do that to one of mine! It's the ones that dance around my feet in the kitchen (I try to keep them out, but sometimes they just run in after me) and they get a little boot. They seem to take it in their stride, but I'm the one who feels bad :cry: I don't give treats or anything, but I do give a little rub around the head and say a big sorry. I never blame them for jumping over my feet, even though I've told them countless times how dangerous it can be!

Yeah guess we only have ourselves to blame for spoiling and loving them so much that they want to keep being around is. I am so glad neither of mine will come in the kitchen, it's the adjoining room, but tiled and they don't like walking on it.
As for the treats, usually a green bean will do the trick lol they love that stuff, or some empty toilet roll for fluffy who thinks its gourmet food :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Even though I've developed the house rabbit shuffle, occasionally Boots ends up under my feet :shock: it's usually me who ends up hurt by trying to avoid him. I just give him extra head rubs if I catch him with my foot.

Stop kicking your bunnies Fred :lol: He probably knows to lie there so he can act all wounded & earn more treats:lol:. I'm not so much in the habit of kicking mine but the ridiculous carry on of trying to walk across the lounge with 3 fatty bunnies circling you manically makes me feel its only a matter of time before I step on furry bunny toes :( I reprimand mine when we have a close call :lol: (ie I tell them in a stern voice its their responsibility not to get under mums feet but they never listen)

Even though I've developed the house rabbit shuffle, occasionally Boots ends up under my feet :shock: it's usually me who ends up hurt by trying to avoid him. I just give him extra head rubs if I catch him with my foot.

LOL yeah the house rabbit shuffle I know that one too and the amount of time I nearly fell into the the wall cause they just jumped in front of my feet... Bad bunnies lol

I've never had a name for it but that is perfect:lol:

Stop kicking your bunnies Fred :lol: He probably knows to lie there so he can act all wounded & earn more treats:lol:. I'm not so much in the habit of kicking mine but the ridiculous carry on of trying to walk across the lounge with 3 fatty bunnies circling you manically makes me feel its only a matter of time before I step on furry bunny toes :( I reprimand mine when we have a close call :lol: (ie I tell them in a stern voice its their responsibility not to get under mums feet but they never listen)

Tough love, eh? ;):lol:

:lol: yeah wouldn't put it past him to do it on purpose, he is very smart ... And yeah, good thinking there it's their responsibility to get out the way, will try telling them that, though I doubt they will listen

:lol: yeah wouldn't put it past him to do it on purpose, he is very smart ... And yeah, good thinking there it's their responsibility to get out the way, will try telling them that, though I doubt they will listen

Noooo they are never to blame :) They live at ground level and it's the only way they can get our attention! I think the solution is to crawl along on hands and knees so they can communicate with us all the time, as it's what they want :lol:

The House Rabbit Crawl :D

Noooo they are never to blame :) They live at ground level and it's the only way they can get our attention! I think the solution is to crawl along on hands and knees so they can communicate with us all the time, as it's what they want :lol:

The House Rabbit Crawl :D

Oh I love that one, the house rabbit crawl, will give that a try and see how it goes. Though knowing Bunbuns she'll jump on my back wanting to use it as a platform. She usually jumps on my back any chance she gets and I am then trapped for ages until she decides she's bored and wants to do something else lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Trying to get into a run as well: inevitably under your feet :roll: Matt's hurt himself (not quite castrated but it was close!) avoiding rabbits while getting into the high-sided pen :lol:

Boo often visits us in bed, sometimes she doesn't wake us but sits at the end of the bed, pot bunny style. I'm forever worrying that OH will turn over too abruptly or tug the quilt & send my little girl flying. There are definitely more risks free ranging bunnies but I still wouldn't do it any other way

Yeah I agree , ours don't go up and down the stairs, but they go where they want to on this level. Though nothing seems to be more exciting than sitting under the dining table all day long lol

Another accidental rabbit kicker here! And also an experienced at the house rabbit shuffle!

9/10 times it's Max with me, if I go near the cupboard where I keep their food and hay he comes flying out of nowhere like a bat out of hell straight at my feet. He's never fazed by it though, it's usually me stubbing a toe or twisting an ankle trying to avoid hurting him whilst he jumps into the cupboard and sits there eating the food straight from the bag :roll:

I don't often kick my buns (accidentally obviously!). However, two of them like to run from one side of my room and leap up onto my bed. It's very impressive when I'm sat on the bed but often I'll sit on the floor next to the bed. Once Boo Boo did a big leap almost over me but at the same time I reached up to scratch my head and she flew straight into my hand! It was great timing from both of us and quite funny now, but at the time I felt awful!
The worst time was when she did the same thing but didn't jump high enough and head butted me in the chin which really hurt! She was absolutely fine but my chin was sore for a while.
I felt bad about it even though she was the one who jumped into me!
My suspicion is that bunnies get under our feet on purpose so that we'll feel bad and be more likely to give them treats.

I accidently stepped on Sheldons foot last night - I was getting stuff out of the bunny storage cupboard, stepped back onto his foot :oops::cry: - I was mortified and he ran off and wouldn't let me stroke him. I was so worried I had seriously hurt him. Thankfully it was just before their supper time and the sound of pellets going into his bowl had him running back and he was as fine - and not scared of me anymore thank goodness.

I have accidently kicked Prudhoe a few times - he just loves darting between my feet but luckily I walk so slowly around the buns, it's more of a nudge than a kick.

I hate if when it happens though - must just try to be more careful I guess.

Back