• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

pet remedy de-stress spay?

Hiya.
One of my bunnies gets stressed easily and as a result when he geta to stressed he wont eat- and in a months time its vaccination time...i wondered if this would be any use for my bunny?
I have some in that i used for my dog at new year and it seemed to help a bit...i wondered is this bunny safe and dose anyone else use it for stressy bunnys?
Thank you x

I use this for my very nervous bunny and it's made a massive difference. Our diffuser ran out a few weeks ago and we noticed a change in her behaviour straight away

You can get small trial sized bottles if you just want to try it without buying the big bottle. I buy the small bottles to pack in their bag when my two go in for Scarlett's dentals :)

I used this on one of my bunnies bedding when she first came home as she was very very nervous and I'm pretty sure it helped to make her more relaxed in her first few days. I also sprayed it on the floor of the area I was bonding my buns in after things got a bit heated in an attempt to calm things down a little. Pretty sure it worked then too.
There's no harm in trying the de-stress spray if you know your bun gets very easily stressed. Maybe spray it onto a blanket inside the carrier - hopefully it will help him keep slightly calmer :)

Hello everyone, what make/brand do you use? I've looked for Rescue Remedy and can only find something which pets have to eat. I can't find the sprays that you mention.
TIA

Yes I've used that stuff too, it's based on valerian (so it stinks!) but it does seem to help and it's more generic for all animals whereas feliway is pheromone so is cat-specific. The pet remedy guys were at the last RWA conference and they suggested it could also be used when bonding rabbits to help keep things calm. I keep meaning to try it out for that purpose but keep forgetting! I'm sure I've seen with one of the plug-in pet remedy packs a little absorbent tag thingy which you can dab a bit of the solution onto and hang it in your car over the air vents for use when travelling.

Hiya.
One of my bunnies gets stressed easily and as a result when he geta to stressed he wont eat- and in a months time its vaccination time...i wondered if this would be any use for my bunny?
I have some in that i used for my dog at new year and it seemed to help a bit...i wondered is this bunny safe and dose anyone else use it for stressy bunnys?
Thank you x

No I haven't used that, though I know many who have :D

I've used Rescue Remedy or arnica, both of which seem to help :D

Yes I've used that stuff too, it's based on valerian (so it stinks!) but it does seem to help and it's more generic for all animals whereas feliway is pheromone so is cat-specific. The pet remedy guys were at the last RWA conference and they suggested it could also be used when bonding rabbits to help keep things calm. I keep meaning to try it out for that purpose but keep forgetting! I'm sure I've seen with one of the plug-in pet remedy packs a little absorbent tag thingy which you can dab a bit of the solution onto and hang it in your car over the air vents for use when travelling.

I'd need the Pet Remedy for ME if I was doing any bonding !!

Hello everyone, what make/brand do you use? I've looked for Rescue Remedy and can only find something which pets have to eat. I can't find the sprays that you mention.
TIA

I use the yellow box, Bach's flower remedy.

I have a dropper bottle, though you can dilute it to make your own spray. You can drop it onto the back of the neck, or the base of the ear.

I bought the plug in for my stressy firework piggies. Really not sure whether it does anything or not yet.

Back