• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Charlies snuffles update

kellycarla

Warren Scout
Charlie has been to see the vet again today, he's still snuffly, but no where near as bad as he was:D. Been given yet another course of injections again (10 days supply). Then if he is no better he will be put on the most expensive stuff they can offer him, after that if it does'nt work then it's a case having to put up with a snuffly bun or have him put to sleep and choose another bun (theres absolutely no chance of us having him put to sleep...no ...just not happening:cry:). The option of choosing another bun is because we got Charlie from Pets at Home and he's being treated by their vets (vets4pets). I know some people say Pets at Home are'nt very caring but we havent found anything bad about them after all they are paying for all of his treatment and this has been ongoing since 18th November.

Fingers crossed then that the extra injections will do the trick! Sending vibes for his recovery xx

Charlie has been to see the vet again today, he's still snuffly, but no where near as bad as he was:D. Been given yet another course of injections again (10 days supply). Then if he is no better he will be put on the most expensive stuff they can offer him, after that if it does'nt work then it's a case having to put up with a snuffly bun or have him put to sleep and choose another bun (theres absolutely no chance of us having him put to sleep...no ...just not happening:cry:). The option of choosing another bun is because we got Charlie from Pets at Home and he's being treated by their vets (vets4pets). I know some people say Pets at Home are'nt very caring but we havent found anything bad about them after all they are paying for all of his treatment and this has been ongoing since 18th November.

I'm glad you're having some success at the moment :thumb:

Yeah, some people like to **** off Pets@Home. It's usually those people who haven't had dealings with them :lol:

i hope you dont mind me asking but did the bun develop the snuffles just after you got it, asking because im having a lot of trouble myself ( bought what should have been 2 males and ended up with male and female plus 6 babies now) the female i noticed had a runny nose and sneezing but i thought the pregnancy had brought it on. now some of the babies ( 8 weeks now) have discharge dried on the noses. pets at home have spayed for the male to be neutered and im due to take the babies in for them to decide which of the they will alter too. it just makes me wonder if they are selling buns with snuffles xx

Back