• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Oops (New Introduction)

tlcwrites

Mama Doe
My boyfriend is a terrible person. (So am I, but meh).

A few days before Christmas, I needed to get some more Fibafirst for my monsters. Headed to the local Jollyes to see if they had any in stock. They didn't. But they had a very beautiful rabbit which caught my eye.

Meet Lelantos, a five month old chocolate mini rex:

th_20151227_161401_zps4752vmqq.jpg

th_20151227_161411_zpsejwhbo3a.jpg

He had been there for 8 weeks, half his life. But that isn't the full story. That goes more along these lines:

A few months ago, shortly after my boyfriend and I started dating, I had a dream. It went something like this -

We were volunteering at a dog show, where there were all sorts of dog breeders and tonnes of puppies. His family owns black labradors - they always have. I've never been a big dog fan, though I don't mind their dogs now after some adjustment to them. However, in this dream, people were clearing up and he was dragging me from breeder to breeder, showing me these puppies, begging me to pick one to take home. I kept refusing and insisting that I did not like dogs and did not want a dog. In the end he insisted showing me some pups over the hill because he'd spotted one that he knew I'd love. I rolled my eyes, saying that I wouldn't because I'm not a dog person, I'm a cat and rabbit person. However, I went along with it.

He pointed out this basket of chocolate brown labrador puppies. About nine of them. Right in the middle of this basket of labs, there was a pair of long ears and curly whiskers. The same colour - a chocolate rex. I picked it up and said "Yes, I want this one." And he laughed and said, "Of course you would, even when shown all these adorable puppies, you'll STILL pick the only rabbit at the show."

As a consequence, that means when I saw Lela, that meant he went all soft and bought him for me for Christmas. I'm angry at both of us and thrilled because Lela is delightful. He was incredibly shy, but he's now hugely naughty, cheeky and funny. He now actively comes up to me, but will also skitter away when he wants to.

Even so, oh dear.

Thank you all. He has made such a lovely addition to the family. Knowing about the issues with rescues makes me feel guilty about it but he is a delight.

Back