• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Some Native Flora and Fauna

Lobo

Mama Doe
Please don't ask the names. I'm fairly good with fauna but not so with flora.:oops:

A couple of visitors the past two days.

Super pictures :love: Your flora is just so different to anything like we experience here, but it has very interesting shapes and colours. The birds are lovely - what's the first one? Is it some type of Corvid?

Nice to see you posting :thumb: I hope that you managed to have a relaxing time over Christmas and I wish you all the very best for the New Year!

Super pictures :love: Your flora is just so different to anything like we experience here, but it has very interesting shapes and colours. The birds are lovely - what's the first one? Is it some type of Corvid?

Nice to see you posting :thumb: I hope that you managed to have a relaxing time over Christmas and I wish you all the very best for the New Year!

It is a corvid, an Australian Magpie. They have a beautiful song.

Thank you, bit rough over Christmas after ultrasound caused some kidney bleeding, all OK now.

Sorry to hear about the ultrasound. I hope it has at least provided some definitive information for you.

What fabulous photographs. You have a real talent for taking them.

I am sorry that you have not felt too good over Christmas, but I am glad you are feeling better within yourself now.

Little Reddish Baubles - Berzelia. Big Cone with Leaves around it - Leucadendron. Red Pincushion - Leucospermum. Grey Baubles (Photo 1) - Brunia. Beautiful photos, I'm not sure on the names of the bottle brushes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Such beautiful photographs! :love: Can you tell me what kind of camera you are using, Lobo? (I'm sure you may have mentioned it before, apologies that I don't recall what it is.)

I am sorry to hear you were feeling unwell during Christmas. Glad to hear you are a bit better now. :) xxxx

Such beautiful photographs! :love: Can you tell me what kind of camera you are using, Lobo? (I'm sure you may have mentioned it before, apologies that I don't recall what it is.)

The camera is a Canon EOS 650D with some additional lenses.

The flowers were all taken with a Canon 100mm macro lens mounted on a tripod for stability.
Kookaburras and Magpie taken with a Canon 55-250 telephoto lens.
King parrot taken with a Sigma 100-600mm telephoto lens.

I download all pics to Picasa for storage and sometimes use its crop function to balance the images, then reduce the images size and limit them to 200kb in the Irfanview program before uploading to Photobucket. The originals have more detail than those posted.

@rowan.godfrey Thanks for helping with the identification.

Back