• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Who are we ... ? Barc

bunnymadhouse

Wise Old Thumper
Barnsley animal rescue charity

Who are we ?
We a a self funded charity . We are run mainly by volunteers .

What do we do ?
We take in abandoned , mistreated , homeless dogs , cats , rabbits and guinea pigs . We rehabilitate them , neuter them , vaccinate them and find them forever homes .

Where are we based ?
We are based in South Yorkshire .
Our kennels and cattery are based at Wath . Our rabbits are based at Hoyland , just off junction 36 of M1 . Our guinea pigs are based in Sheffield .

How do we fund our work?
We have several charity shops . We do fundraising events . We receive donations . We charge adoption fees .

Are we a profitable company ?
NO . All our income goes straight into the care of the animals .

How can I find out more ?
Go to our website barnsleyanimalrescue.org.uk
Also follow us on Facebook

Can I add that Angie has worked tirelessly for many, many years and helped more Rabbits than most people would manage in a lifetime. Even in the face of aversity in various forms at times. It's so good to see you posting on here again. You have been missed ALOT !

I didn't realise BARC had Charity Shops, if only I lived up North, I buy everything from Charity Shops.......... except my knickers !! :lol:

Can I add that Angie has worked tirelessly for many, many years and helped more Rabbits than most people would manage in a lifetime. Even in the face of aversity in various forms at times. It's so good to see you posting on here again. You have been missed ALOT !

I didn't realise BARC had Charity Shops, if only I lived up North, I buy everything from Charity Shops.......... except my knickers !! :lol:

I couldn't have said it better myself :thumb: I have Angie and BARC to thank for my soul bunny, Boots :love: xxx

Barnsley animal rescue charity

Who are we ?
We a a self funded charity . We are run mainly by volunteers .

What do we do ?
We take in abandoned , mistreated , homeless dogs , cats , rabbits and guinea pigs . We rehabilitate them , neuter them , vaccinate them and find them forever homes .

Where are we based ?
We are based in South Yorkshire .
Our kennels and cattery are based at Wath . Our rabbits are based at Hoyland , just off junction 36 of M1 . Our guinea pigs are based in Sheffield .

How do we fund our work?
We have several charity shops . We do fundraising events . We receive donations . We charge adoption fees .

Are we a profitable company ?
NO . All our income goes straight into the care of the animals .

How can I find out more ?
Go to our website barnsleyanimalrescue.org.uk
Also follow us on Facebook

Thank you Angie :D

I love publicity to rescues!

Thank You - that a really helpful summary. I have loads of stuff to donate to charity (I've been struggling to find a PDSA since I moved here so its been mounting), where are your shops please?

Thank You - that a really helpful summary. I have loads of stuff to donate to charity (I've been struggling to find a PDSA since I moved here so its been mounting), where are your shops please?

That's one advantage of living in London, I suppose - there's P.D.S.A. and R.S.P.C.A. shops around the corner :)

There are many, many advantages to living in London ...everything is so much more convenient in cities ...just too many people :lol:

Thanks: I am about to embark (sometimes in the next 5 years, anyway!) on a clearout and when I've separated the 'dead' (going in the Council's textiles waste collection) from the saleable, I'll see about getting it to charity.

There are many, many advantages to living in London ...everything is so much more convenient in cities ...just too many people :lol:
I agree: I love Nottingham, it's small enough not to be crowded and close enough to the countryside that I can get away, but EVERYTHING I need is here!

Still a piglet. She is looking after Ron who is riddled with arthritis and spondolosis, she snuggles up and grooms him all day, never leaves him alone. 😍

Back