• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Neutered pair fighting

H&A

New Kit
Hi we have a pair of neutered males who have been together since a week or so old they are 8 months old now and we're neutered at 6 months. Today the were fighting badly we were not sure if the strong winds upset them. They live outside but with a raised house. One is occupying the house and the other the underneath and outside. If you move them they quickly return to the status quo. Do we need to force them to be together or swaps over. Any ideas?

You mustn't force them to be together, as they could badly injure one another. Even though they have always been together they are now older and perhaps need to be separate. There hav e been quite a few similar cases recently. If you think it might be a "one off" you could try them together again, but personally I don't think they want that now.

My boys were from the same litter & we had them neutered at 5 months and after they started fighting and falling out too-over just a few days numerous bites & scratches and one lot of stitches & antibiotics in a very poorly paw later and they had to be separated. I couldn't live with myself if we hadn't and one had been severely injured or worse.

Fast forward 4 months and they are a lot happier- we've just successfully bonded 1 of the boys with a girl & they live happily together outside and the other boy is a very content indoor bunny now (who will eventually get a bunny girl companion)
To me the risk of keeping them together but hoping nothing further happened was just too big. Apart they are much happier & safer.
That's just my opinion & experience though

Hiya...

Could one of them be ill or have n injury? Weakness in one bunny can cause bullying making things worse....

Perhaps taking them to the vets for a vet check may also be a good idea..

Fee xxx

My two bucks fell out. I was advised to keep them completely separate for a few months (no sight, sound or smell of each other).

I then re-introduced them to each other and added in two spayed does for added interest.

They have been a happy quad for two years now.

Back