• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit Savvy Vet in Essex - Near Wickford

DebbieC

Warren Scout
I've just heard my usual vet at Orchid in Brentwood has left and is now too far away for us to get to. Does anyone have any recommendations for a vets fairly close to Wickford/Basildon in Essex? We have South Beech, does anyone have any experience with them these days?

Thank you

Have you looked at it on a map to see if it's likely to take longer? Depending on exactly where you are in the Wickford area, I don't think Maldon will take any longer to get to than Brentwood - the practice is right on the outskirts by the main road so you don't have to go through any town centres or anything to get there. It might not take as long as you think!

I think I'll go to a local one for basic things like jabs but if there's anything complex I'll see william. The problem is I work full time so unless it's an emergency I need to go in the evenings after work in rush hour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At the risk of sounding like a saleswoman, don't forget it's open 7 days a week though so you could just do all the non-emergency stuff at weekends when he's on the rota, and that way you'd still be confident of getting a full proper check over with the vaccinations etc :) I reckon Maldon would be easier than Brentwood in rush hour too, the B1418 (I think that's what it's called) is a fairly direct road which goes cross country straight up to the edge of Maldon where the practice is so you could avoid the A12 altogether, and it's a pretty good road which shouldn't get too busy. I worked in Maldon for a number of years and it doesn't really have much of a rush hour problem round the edge either, I may be wrong (perish the thought :lol:) but I'd have thought it would be easier than trying to get through to the other side of Brentwood during rush hour. Hopefully things will work out well for you in the longer run whatever you decide to do :D

Back