• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I need some help rehoming my rabbits

happysaz133

Wise Old Thumper
Hi all, sorry I haven't been on in ages. Life got in the way. I wish I was here with happier news.

It's looking like I'm going to need to rehome my animals. My heart is absolutely broken. There is a genuine reason for doing so and if anyone is interested in the bunnies I'm happy to let you know everything. I just know this is the best place to ask for help with my rabbits because I trust you all and know you will have their best interests at heart. There are two rescues near me who rehome rabbits but neither do home checks and I worry they will go to unsuitable homes, so I thought I'd try you all first.

They are a female&female pair, around 6 year old, spayed and vaccinated. Both friendly, quite laid back easy bunnies. They are lops, medium size.

The other pair are a 4 year old male&female pair. Male is vaccinated and neutered. Female is vaccinated and I was told is spayed but as I didn't have this done I can't 100% confirm this. They are a Perlfee and a French lop cross, so quite large.

They are all litter tray trained, never been to the vet other than for neutering and vaccines, and all round very healthy. Good eaters too.

We are located in the north of Scotland. If you can help anyway, please let me know. If I had any other option I wouldn't be doing this.

Are they rescues? If so the rescue you got them from will usually take them back - if you've bonded pairs from different places then just liaise and they can go together.

The two girls were from someone who bought them as a Christmas gift for her daughter.

The male is from rescue, but its not a good one and I'd rather he didn't go back there.

The younger two have a good home to go to. They are being picked up on Tuesday. Still need a home for the 6 year old females.

Have you got a thread for them in the rehoming section? It might stay near the top there as it's a slower moving forum.

Sorry you're having to go through this, it must be horrible :(

Back