• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Boarding in North-West England

happybun

Wise Old Thumper
I'm looking for boarding accommodation for two pairs of mini lops, for up to ten days in early July 2016.
I haven't found anywhere. I can ask my dad or daughter to feed the rabbits, but I'd be happier if I didn't have to impose on them.
Does anyone know anywhere? I don't have a car so places off public transport routes won't work for me.

Thank you both. I'll contact both of these. It occurs to me that daughter will probably have moved house by then, to Yorkshire, so she won't be around to feed the buns.

Is the Society for abandoned animals in sale too far hb? I know they are good. Failing that, my vets in Lees boards rabbits but not seen accommodation first hand. x

I have no recommendations HB but am going to need bunny boarding for mine too - would you be so kind as to report back on any findings?

I use Wheek and Sleep in Coppull, near Chorley. They've been great giving meds to buns whilst they've been with them.

Edited to add website http://www.wheek-and-sleep-piggie-boarding.co.uk

Do you use them for inside or outside bunnies? Mine are inside bunnies but free range with lots of space. I'm wondering if it would be best to give them outside boarding ...it all makes me really anxious & think I really don't ever need to go on holiday ever

My buns are outdoor bunnies. It's so hard isn't it deciding what to do for the best.

It so is. I really want a home from home arrangement, ideally with someone who doesn't mind if Boo pops upstairs for 5 minutes at bedtime to ensure you're all tucked up safely:lol: (she will accept a "tip" for doing so). Then I start fretting about what vets they use. I've suggested to OH we go on holiday separately but he seems to find that disagreeable for some reason

I've suggested to OH we go on holiday separately but he seems to find that disagreeable for some reason
We do that :lol: But we're going away together in May for almost 2 weeks so I need to find somewhere nearby (Aboleth doesn't much like car journeys, but she'll cope if we have to go far as I can acclimatise her).

Rabbit sitters v. Boarding & acceptable travelling distance opinions please!

Edit: I've accidentally hijacked this thread I'm very sorry... I meant to start my own :oops:

Hi :wave:

I am looking for advice & opinions on pet sitters vs. boarding please. I have never used either so I'm hoping some more experienced rabbit owners can share their advice?

In April I will be away for 2 weeks plus a day before either side to travel to & from Heathrow from Nottingham.

My living set up is this:
Me & my OH live with his parents.
The indoor bunny Zucc lives in our bedroom.
Our outdoors buns Jasper & Lola live, as you might have guessed, outdoors!

Indoor bun is going to my mums for his own mini holiday but she won't be having the outdoor buns.
Neither can they be looked after by OHs parents. And I don't know anyone else who could look after them.
In my mind I thought a pet sitter would be better because I thought bunny boarding & going in to a new environment would be fairly stressful? (& I know this is a human emotion but I didn't want them to feel like I'd abandoned them :oops:) I'm quite an anxious person & I'm very very attached to my rabbits so I want the best for them while I'm gone as any one would :)

But im reassessing my options after reading a thread or 2.. So what's better for longer holidays? And how far would you travel with your buns to take them to boarding? And lastly does anyone have recommendations for the Long Eaton/Nottinghamshire area?

Thanks

Is the Society for abandoned animals in sale too far hb? I know they are good. Failing that, my vets in Lees boards rabbits but not seen accommodation first hand. x

Your vet in Lees? That's a lot nearer than Didsbury! Could you pm me the name please, bunslave? Sale is a bit far but I'll check it out.

Thank you, everyone. I googled before starting the thread and didn't come up with much at all. This is really helpful. xxx

Back