• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

My doe stoped eating today

Ayoub

New Kit
My rabbit didn t eat a lot today just some pellets and a carrot and some hay.it didn t accept hay.Maybe because her nails aren t trimmed?

Is this one of the rabbits who walked through something poisonous? How did you get on at the vets?

My rabbit didn t eat a lot today just some pellets and a carrot and some hay.it didn t accept hay.Maybe because her nails aren t trimmed?

Yes, you asked for help on 23rd December with what appeared to be an emergency.

Can you let us know what's happening please? Without a lot more detail, I'm afraid no one will be able to help you.

I also hope you've visited a vet in the mean time?

He suggested that i wash her paws and i did but when i looked clear they seemed redish so i washed them again because she kept on biting and licking them

He suggested that i wash her paws and i did but when i looked clear they seemed redish so i washed them again because she kept on biting and licking them

So it is the same Rabbit who is now not eating ?

If a Rabbit stops eating their GI tract will shut down and they can become very sick very quickly. I think you need to take your Rabbit to the Vet so that she can be thoroughly examined and given any treatment deemed to be necessary.

If the Rabbit has ingested a toxin that could be causing her to not eat now. You say her paws were 'red' as a result of standing in the toxin. This may indicate that she has sustained some sort of chemical burn which would be very painful. A Rabbit in pain will not eat.

The very best thing you can do to help your Doe now is to take her to a Vet

Good luck

You should revisit your vet as soon as possible, and get some advice and medication for your rabbit :thumb:

Back