• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Urgent - Rabbit Vets South Essex

trudi

Warren Scout
Hi, can anyone recommend a good rabbit vet in South Essex, as my exotic vet who I have used for years has left. Many thanks

Vets 4 Pets Braintree or Maldon. They've got a great rabbit vet anyway but have just had William Lewis join them from Orchid vets.

It's a long way from you though, unfortunately, if you're Southend way.

edit: is William, in fact, the one you mean who has just left?

If you did want to see William Lewis and you could (a) wait that long (b) travel that far, I believe he is working in Braintree Vets 4 Pets this Thursday. I'm not sure how he is splitting his time between Maldon and Braintree, but he is likely to be spending more time at Maldon at the moment. Unfortunately, you have to register for the vets separately.

Many thanks for all your replies. I have seen a vet today that I have no confidence in whatsoever and another practice can't see me until next week, even though I told them its an emergency. Luckily my rabbit has improved, but it does look like I am going to have to follow William to Maldon, about a 40 minute journey away. Thanks once again.

Good luck with it. Is William at Maldon tomorrow? I've just booked for Thursday to see him at Braintree.

Sorry Sarah, I don't know if William is in Maldon tomorrow as I haven't been in touch with them yet, I am still considering whether or not to go there due to the distance travelling from near Lakeside, especially if he is in Braintree some of the time. I hope you get on okay on Thursday.

Oh no, William is no longer in Brentwood?? I'm going to need to find a good vets near Wickford area! Maldon/Braintree is too far for me to go :(

Oh no, William is no longer in Brentwood?? I'm going to need to find a good vets near Wickford area! Maldon/Braintree is too far for me to go :(

Have you looked into South Beech vets at Wickford lately? I don't know what they are like now. I used to go years ago when they had an exotics vet there.

Have you looked into South Beech vets at Wickford lately? I don't know what they are like now. I used to go years ago when they had an exotics vet there.

I will have a look into it, my girl has issues with her stomach so I'm very wary who I trust with her and William was brilliant. I think I will put a thread up and see if anyone has experience with them, thank you

I will have a look into it, my girl has issues with her stomach so I'm very wary who I trust with her and William was brilliant. I think I will put a thread up and see if anyone has experience with them, thank you

I've not seen anyone mention them for years, but you might be lucky. They have completely different vets there to who they had a few years back.

I phoned South Beech yesterday, wasn't that happy with some of the answers to questions I asked, have an appointment to see a vet in Corringham for a check up on one of mine, she has a keen interest in rabbits so fingers crossed and looking at going to William for anything complicated.

May I ask what kind of questions you asked pleased as I have a couple to call but not really sure what to ask?

Hi Sarah, for those of us who will find it difficult to travel that far, would you mind asking him on Thursday if there is anyone he could recommend for us around the Brentwood area. Thanks.

Hi Trudi, i came across this forum as I googled william Lewis as i was told he had left Orchard but they wouldn't tell me where he had gone. I also live near lakeside and both Maldon and Braintree are too far, I no longer have my rabbit :cry: but I do have ferrets that can only be seen by an exotic vet and william was brilliant with them. Onto my question which is have you managed to find someone more local? i am going to have a ring around today but was just wondering x

AJT, I know how you feel about piece of mind. I lost a bunny, in hindsight, due to a vet not having good knowledge of rabbits and that is why I started seeing William, that was about 8 years ago now and even in his absence the vets I have seen I haven't had confidence in. I have two rabbits that I am sure wouldn't be here today if it wasn't for William. One of mine needed a dental on Tuesday and wasn't eating after ringing around I finally got the dental done but she isn't picking up as quickly as she normally does.

Back