• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does anyone know of any affected rescues in the flooded areas?

AnyBunny

Warren Scout
It's looking really, really bad in the North West. Are any rescues in danger?

I also can't help thinking about rabbits left behind, trapped in hutches and unable to escape, as people are evacuated.

:cry:

This is always the first thing that comes to my mind as well :cry: Hopefully most people are able to get their rabbits up to a higher level. I saw those sheep stranded on a tiny parch of dry land on last night's news. It's so sad. at least people have more of a chance to keep safe.

This is always the first thing that comes to my mind as well :cry: Hopefully most people are able to get their rabbits up to a higher level. I saw those sheep stranded on a tiny parch of dry land on last night's news. It's so sad. at least people have more of a chance to keep safe.

And then you start to think of the animals trapped in petshops, or at vets' premises while recovering from surgery. I find these thoughts prey on my mind.

It's looking really, really bad in the North West. Are any rescues in danger?

I also can't help thinking about rabbits left behind, trapped in hutches and unable to escape, as people are evacuated.

:cry:

I suspect we wouldn't necessarily hear about these things, sadly :cry:

I think about this too. The poor bunnies in hutches at the bottom of the gardens. Also the fishponds. Oh god, it's just too awful. Birdies in aviaries in gardens too.

The rspca here in York have found temporary homes for their all their dogs as they live in the lower kennels. All other animals are in higher cages/ pens so are safe, it us very close to the river. I think the levels have now peaked, so really hoping that things,should start to get better now x

Woodlands in Southport - all animals are now safe but they have a lot to do to clean the place up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope they may have volunteers who can help. The cleaning up will be a grim task. But thank goodness all the animals are safe.

The rspca here in York have found temporary homes for their all their dogs as they live in the lower kennels. All other animals are in higher cages/ pens so are safe, it us very close to the river. I think the levels have now peaked, so really hoping that things,should start to get better now x

All the animals have had to be evacuated now, to a local agricultural college. All the students have come off their Christmas break to help out get the accommodation ready for the 11 rabbits and 25 cats. Everyone is helping each other so much in York at the minute, great community spirit 😊

Back