• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Arghhhhhhhhhh!! Buns weeing and pooping evrywhere!

moi

Mama Doe
Well not every where just there run. I put a dirt tray in the part they were weeing and pooping, so they stated doing t just on the edge outside the tray. So I put another there, so they poop at the side of that one. I now have 3 trays there but they just keep pooping and weeing outside it. The shed inside is clean and they use the trays there, why are they doing this? There run has been clean for 2 years! arghhhhhh x

My guess is it's territory marking and for some reason they now feel this to be necessary. My rabbits rarely have accidents in their shed, but they often do at the very end of the run i.e. at the boundary of their territory.

Its so frustrating as the run is quite difficult to clean and its getting smelly where I cant get into some of the crevices x

We did have a fox in the garden a couple of weeks back. Wonder if thats whats caused it x

I'm having trouble with this too recently, I think it's since I changed their set up from a crate & attached puppy pen to a pen I made. They have peed at the edge of the pen a few times which has soaked into the wood (I hadn't treated the wood because it was indoors, doh!) and there has been poop everywhere. They do still use their litter tray but there are definitely more poops than just the strays we used to get in the previous set up.

Hope you can work out the cause of their change in behaviour, especially if it's difficult to clean up properly.

Exactly the same problem here but I think it is due to the new cat that has moved in next door. I changed the litter trays and there has been a gradual improvement over the last 2 weeks so fingers crossed they have decided they now longer need to mark their territory.

Back