• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding 2 pairs of bunnies into 4?

Mae

Young Bun
Hi there~

So I got my two does when they were 4 weeks old (yes I know, they were sold wrongly to us as 8 weeks) and never had to bond them as they bonded together instantly and have lived happily for about 3 months.

Yesterday my friend bought two bucks which are about 10 weeks (mine are around 3-4months?) and I am looking after them while my friend sets up things for them at home. She goes away a lot and I will be bunny sitting a lot and vice versa, right now, the bucks are in a dog crate next to where my does live.

This makes manouvering around my bedroom very difficult as it takes up a lot of space.

Should I try bonding them so that they can all stay together when we are bunny sitting? Or should I just pop them in the dog crate whilst looking after them and keep them seperate as I'm wondering if it would cause more harm than good.

(Obviously my does are both neutered)

But as rabbits live for a long time and over the years I will be looking after the bucks quite a bit would I be able to bond them? Or would they miss each other or forget that they were bonded if there are many months between visits?

They would sadly grieve when separated - I don't think this would work:( Once bonded rabbits should never be separated

Back