• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lacey is Being Spayed Today

tonibun

Wise Old Thumper
I was slightly worried as we have so many new Vets but my fav Vet is on duty so fingers crossed she will be operating. Someone brought a 13 yr old Chinchilla in for a dental - aw!

Loads of vibes for your Lacey. I hope her spay goes well and that she is soon home recovering with you. How old is she?

Good luck with your spay Lacey. Remember to ask for plenty of pain relief. Some vets dont give it to take home!

She's home and nibbled a bit of grass. I have 2 bottles of Metacam in the cupboard so didn't need anymore. I've brought her brother in to keep her company.

She's home and nibbled a bit of grass. I have 2 bottles of Metacam in the cupboard so didn't need anymore. I've brought her brother in to keep her company.

Bless her, I'm sure she'll feel better at home, especially if she has her brother to look after her xx

Lacey seems to be doing well, she has eaten various bits (before brother scoffs them all) and she has just been in the litter tray. I am going to check the wound in a minute. Then I have to decide whether they are going back outside or staying in for another day/night. The weather is awful out there but not cold. I think I will keep them in for another night. That should be ok I hope?

Lacey is doing really well, rushing to the food in typical rabbit fashion. Now as she would normally have her 2-day check today they are trusting me to check her over and i would know if anything looked wrong. So I have just looked at her wound and it is very pale and clean with just a hint of deeper pink right at the end of the wound line where there is a stitch, I think this is fairly normal so I am not worried. If you are reading this and disagree please tell me. She has recovered wonderfully well and I am now preparing to take them both back outside. They are moving into a playhouse so she will have a bit more protection from the weather. It's raining at the moment

Last edited:
Aw glad she is doing well. I rarely take my lot back for the post treatment check ups as I feel confident to do it myself and like to avoid going to the vets as much as possible as it stresses them so much.

Back