• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Type of flooring for a extra pen connecting the hutch

RachelJane

New Kit
Hiya,

My 2 buns have a XL dog cage that is big enough for them to hop around with a extra pen added on the side door to give them even more room. At the moment i'm using large pieces of cardboard as the base of the floor to protect the laminate thats there. Blankets are added on top, just wondered if I could use anything else instead of the cardboard as they are starting to rip this up!

I bought an off cut of lino to go in the pen, it helped protect the laminate before they were litter trained and it's less slippy for them to move around on. I've got a couple of door mats I use too, I prefer them to blankets as the blankets always end up in a heap and the buns think that's an invitation to use it as a litter tray!

I use Lino. I got mine from b&m and it was only £10 if I remember right. I also brought 2 carpet door mats from the £ shop which they love to sleep on

Back