• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Biting (but in a kind way...)

I have had my bunny a week (male, got at 8 weeks). He lives indoors in a decent size cage, and is let out a few times a day for a play. He seems hapy with his life, either playing or being stoked.

The problem is, the last couple of days, he has taken to biting me through my clothes. He does not appear to be doing it aggressively (I previously took on a couple of bunnies that did this to begin with, so have seen what aggressive behaviour is like), and will be quite happily being stoked or playing, have a little bite of my leg, then just carry on playing with me or enjoying stokes as if it's just normal. He often makes the little happy clicking noise too, and has plenty of opportunity to get off me if he is not happy but he never does, which is why I am sure he is happy when doing it.

Does anyone have any advice to stop him doing this? I am glad he is enjoying himself but don't want to be bitten really! I don't want to tell him off and scare him, but I would like to let him know it's not ok.

Thanks!

One of mine does this too, I don't think he's being aggressive he just likes to investigate things with his teeth! He used to do it a lot more before he was neutered so hopefully yours will also calm down once he is neutered. I'm hoping it continues to lessen over time!

Thanks! I'll be getting that done as soon as I can anyway so hopefully will help. He's definitely being friendly as there's a lot of licking too, but it's just trying to get him to realise it's actually mean!

Daphne used to nip me to help groom me.... she'd lick then nibble and go to nip again. I gently pushed her head away when she went to nip & she's not done it for a while now.

One of mine does this. It's when she wants attention from me. She especially does it when I'm standing up as if to say 'hey im down here, give me fuss!'

Back