• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Our little Moth isn't well

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
:(
He's struggled with poor health the whole year he has been with us due to his terrible teeth causing repeated upper respiratory tract infections. But around a month ago we finally got him the best he has ever been and were able to stop all meds except pain relief.

But yesterday he suddenly deteriorated. He is all snotty and is now not wanting to eat. He has never stopped eating before :( He's not in stasis as he is still Pooing and tummy feels normal. His nose is snotty but he isn't struggling to breath or trying to mouth breath. He doesn't look uncomfortable, just seems very tired. Wanting to sleep in the dark corner away from everything.

I wasn't sure he would still be with us this morning but he is. At least that gives his meds a chance to work although it feels very different this time.

He seems like an old bunny who just wants to go to sleep and not wake up :( we have a carrier prepared in case we need a vet quickly.

I know I shouldn't have favourites but Mothy is one of mine.

I'm so sorry Liz :( Many vibes and prayers coming your way for Mothy. He is a sweet little bub. I do hope he improves soon. xxxxxxx

Sorry for not updating earlier.

After being convinced we would lose him Saturday night he has some how found the strength to turn himself around again.

Just one dose of oxycare has given us a miracle! Moth is old and frail anyway but he is eating, pottering and not snorting all over the place any more, so we are more than happy with him for now.

Thank you so much for all your good wishes xx

Back