• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Help Required

Riddler

New Kit
Hi all,

I'm new to the forum as I have an issue with our bunny and hoped someone could offer some advice, so apologies if in the wrong section.

We have a RSPCA Rescue rabbit and we've had him for nearly three years. He is a House Rabbit and when we got him he was relatively well house trained and clean.

However over the three / four months he has started weeing in various different areas of his pen and even the living room where he lives.
It's got to the point that he eats his food, then lifts tail and away we go, then for him to jump into a litter tray.

Before the obvius answers come in, we haven't moved his pen or trays and the only change made is that we've put lino down to protect the carpet but that was after this has started, also no reason therefore to start to "mark" territory if rabbits do !!

We have tried medical assistance but medically they say nothing wrong.

His age is approx. 5 years (RSPCA can only estimate) and his diet consist of hay, and greens - not dried / processed rabbit mixes

Does anyone have any suggestions why he is doing this and anything we can do to stop it.
Thanks

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum as I have an issue with our bunny and hoped someone could offer some advice, so apologies if in the wrong section.

We have a RSPCA Rescue rabbit and we've had him for nearly three years. He is a House Rabbit and when we got him he was relatively well house trained and clean.

However over the three / four months he has started weeing in various different areas of his pen and even the living room where he lives.
It's got to the point that he eats his food, then lifts tail and away we go, then for him to jump into a litter tray.

Before the obvius answers come in, we haven't moved his pen or trays and the only change made is that we've put lino down to protect the carpet but that was after this has started, also no reason therefore to start to "mark" territory if rabbits do !!

We have tried medical assistance but medically they say nothing wrong.

His age is approx. 5 years (RSPCA can only estimate) and his diet consist of hay, and greens - not dried / processed rabbit mixes

Does anyone have any suggestions why he is doing this and anything we can do to stop it.
Thanks

I'm assuming that as you got him from the R.S.P.C.A. that he is in fact neutered?

When you say you have tried medical assistance, what do you mean? Has his urine been sent off for culture to see if there's any bacteria there, or indeed bladder sludge? That would be my first port of call.

Welcome to the Forum, Riddler :wave:

My guess would be too some kind of bladder infection. I nearly killed my now 13yr old rabbit several yrs ago when I fed him too many calcium rich veggies.

But to get a proper diagnosis, he needs to see a vet.

Back