• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A new addition to the family

So, I have had my two fur babies Biscuit and Willow for about three months now and over that time I have gained lots of experience and therefore thought I'd be ready to take on another rabbit in need if it was needed. Then recently I heard about a rabbit that my dad's friend had that was really in need of a new home. He was brought for her children but after they lost interest in him, the way he was being looked after gradually deteriorated. He is about 9 months old and had never been to the vets (so therefore has never had a health check, vaccination or been neutered), was living in a small hutch with no rabbit companion, had very little human interaction and was very rarely, if ever, fed any vegetables. So I have adopted him [emoji1]

He is currently living indoors as a single bunny, however once he has been neutered and his hormones have settled, he will be bonded with my two babies and go to live outdoors with them in their large run/hutch combo. So, here he is, everybody say hello to my little baby Storm.

Aww how cute, I'm happy to hear that you could give a rabbit in need a home. Vegetables are not essential in a rabbits diet, i do not feed my buns veg every day or week, hay, forage, grass etc and every now and then veg thats been left over x

I know it's not essential but it does help with the minerals and vitamins that they need, he was basically never given them though which isn't very good for them x

Oh really? I'll have to upload it when I'm next on my laptop haha, he is very beautiful though..and so cuddly!
My other two rabbits love veg too, and I've just discovered that so does Storm haha. What are your rabbits favourite veg?

Oh really? I'll have to upload it when I'm next on my laptop haha, he is very beautiful though..and so cuddly!
My other two rabbits love veg too, and I've just discovered that so does Storm haha. What are your rabbits favourite veg?

Not sure whether you know .... you need to upload to a hosting site, such as Photobucket

Rabbits will eat pretty much anything you might give them but not everything is good for them. Fresh forage is good but I've just been out and couldn't find anything. Spring Greens are our fav. Good on you for wanting to help a needy rabbit.

Not sure whether you know .... you need to upload to a hosting site, such as Photobucket
Yeah I did know, I uploaded a photo before and linked it from my Facebook and it worked, I tried it from my twitter on this thread and it hasn't though so I won't try it again haha

Rabbits will eat pretty much anything you might give them but not everything is good for them. Fresh forage is good but I've just been out and couldn't find anything. Spring Greens are our fav. Good on you for wanting to help a needy rabbit.
Yeah I know, they're right piggies haha. Willow and Biscuit will eat just about anything but I've found out that Storm is quite picky. I tried him with a couple of slices of carrot and he wouldn't touch them! How weird! Haha, and I done tons of research before I even got them so I knew how to properly take care of them and what they can and can't eat.

Back