• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

re-growing carrot tops

kellycarla

Warren Scout
Don't know if any one knows about this, so i thought i would share it. I got the idea from a budgie forum i used to be on....

2d7c2no.jpg

it takes a fews days for any growth to start....but then it grows pretty quick:D

That is so cool!

Do you just leave them in a dish of water in the kitchen? Lots of natural light?

Yeah thats about it really, just change the water every couple of days though, otherwise it goes funny...and make sure where the shoots sprout stay wet, i usually do that daily

Yeah thats about it really, just change the water every couple of days though, otherwise it goes funny...and make sure where the shoots sprout stay wet, i usually do that daily

Thanks. We're yet to let the girls try carrot tops but will be trying this soon when we introduce it.

I tried this a while back, but like any plant I seem to own.... it died off after a week or two.. I've also managed to kill a cactus :D

I tried this a while back, but like any plant I seem to own.... it died off after a week or two.. I've also managed to kill a cactus :D

I'm well known in my family for killing cacti. I think its killing them with love? I feel like I haven't given them water for ages so give them some but forget it was given a few days ago.
Do you find you do this?

I'm well known in my family for killing cacti. I think its killing them with love? I feel like I haven't given them water for ages so give them some but forget it was given a few days ago.
Do you find you do this?

No when i forget, its actually been weeks not days, i only remember to water them when the palm tree plant leaves are turning brown :oops:

I've tried doing this but the carrot bit went mouldy so I was too nervous to feed the green top to the buns...how do you stop the carrots going mouldy?!!

You can do the same with lettuce bottoms i think, just stick it in some water and you'll get new leaves!

I've tried doing this but the carrot bit went mouldy so I was too nervous to feed the green top to the buns...how do you stop the carrots going mouldy?!!

I just check them from time to time, i actually run the carrot bit under the tap and just rub it over with my fingers and try to cut any black bits off

Back