• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How late can they lop?!

Bethy

Young Bun
Guybrush must be about 8 months old now, and this just happened! :shock:

('Scuse the poops, haven't swept today!)

T1b6MQD.jpg

Is this normal? Anything to worry about? I've checked him over and he looks fine and there's no redness or anything in the ear.

Oh its so cute.

Daphne's ear comes up when she is stressed... normally both are flat to her back.
Hopefully there's nothing wrong. Maybe just resting it?

Sometimes they lop if they have an ear problem. I had a lionhead who had an ear that would lop occasionally for no reason though!

Really hope you don't mind me saying, but noticed the cage door you have, they can get their legs trapped in them so I usually recommend that you cover them with something like cardboard to stop any accidents :thumb:

Sometimes they lop if they have an ear problem. I had a lionhead who had an ear that would lop occasionally for no reason though!

Really hope you don't mind me saying, but noticed the cage door you have, they can get their legs trapped in them so I usually recommend that you cover them with something like cardboard to stop any accidents :thumb:
Ooh thanks for the heads up. I'll be sure to do that. Don't want any injuries! It's left open like that all the time too so covering it will be no problem. :)

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

These work well to cover that door:
http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/small_pets/accessories/tunnels/tunnels/227525

I do agree that sometimes the lop can be due to an ear problem, have a look inside and feel around the base of the ear for anything odd!

My old boy sometimes has lop ears, but only when it's hot in the summer and he's pooped!
I'll order one asap and use card until it comes. :)

If he keeps lopping I think I'll pop him to the vets for a check over. Just for a bit of peace of mind.

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

Well willow is 6 months and uppyeared but vet said shes def english lop so lol iv no idea how late but im waiting to see :)

Back