• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cheeky Hamster

daphnephoebe

Wise Old Thumper
Sorry to do this - but I had to share how cheeky my little hamster 'Dude' was tonight.
He decided it would be great fun to climb the three draws of treats to get to the top where the extra special treats are kept. (A bag of parrot fruit mix for when I have to cut his nails). He quickly helped himself to cheeks full then made me help him get down so he could go store it in his bed.

(Sorry about picture quality - I forgot the flash)

Can't see the pics at the mo, as I'm on my phone. But I'm impressed at the nail cutting! I've only ever had one hamster who needed their nails cutting and in the end we gave up and had a vet nurse do it (after two vets failing!)

Can't see the pics at the mo, as I'm on my phone. But I'm impressed at the nail cutting! I've only ever had one hamster who needed their nails cutting and in the end we gave up and had a vet nurse do it (after two vets failing!)

He has his days where he won't let me, which is fine. So long as I get the ones that get caught on the carpet the others aren't so bad.

I'm glad you all think he is a cutie. I've always found him to be a very handsome hamster. I've seen pictures of his brothers and sister and none of them look anywhere near as good as him at this age.

sooo cute! is there a reason for his name?

No real reason. He went his first three months with me with no name at all as I couldn't find something that suited him. One day I randomly called him Dude and he responded well so it stuck. (He even does recall to it).

Back