• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Frequent flyer. New female pics added.

Lobo

Mama Doe
This young male King parrot has been calling for food every day for the past two weeks.

Last edited:
What stunning plumage :love: Are they frequent visitors to your garden? Is it a seed mix you are feeding?

What stunning plumage :love: Are they frequent visitors to your garden? Is it a seed mix you are feeding?

King parrots are more infrequent than frequent but we do have Crimson Rosellas every day and the occasional Sulphur Crested Cockatoo. We buy the seed mix in 10kg bags labelled Wild Bird Mix.

Both of your other visitors also have stunning plumages :love: Your garden bird list is clearly going to be a lot more exotic sounding than ours :lol:

A couple of the regulars dropped by today.

Male Sulphur Crested Cockatoo

Female Crimson Rosella

Gosh Lobo, I love your bird photography! :) I've seen some of your other pictures that you've posted here and the diversity of avian visitors to your garden is amazing! :)

And all these are wild? :shock: That is fantastic. They obviously feel very comfortable with you. :love:

Wow, simply stunning :love: The habitat around you must also be pretty special to support such wonderful birds :love: Your pictures are also excellent. I will have a look later to see the difference between the sexes of these two. What a wonderful diversion to be able to watch such beautiful creatures. Thank you for sharing these.

All the birds except our Eclectus are living naturally in the wild. I have always really liked birds, especially parrots. They have the ability to be both intelligent and daft at the same time.

The only way to determine the sex of the cockatoos is by eye colour, the males have black eyes and the females dark red.

Some of my older pics:
Male Crimson Rosella

One of my favourites, male feeding one of its young

Our pet Eclectus parrot Aoife enjoying a lychee. She came from a rescue about 4 years ago and she can say her name together with a lot of other things.

Back