• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lionheads

daphnephoebe

Wise Old Thumper
So,

I'd like to know a little about the lionhead bunnies you are lucky enough to have a life with.

Any I've ever met have been highly energetic and very nervous of people. (All young and never had a bad experience with people).
I just want to see if its just the way they are. (Pictures obviously welcome) =]

Gracie is not, she's extremely chilled. I rehomed her from the previous owner and when I went to collect her she was free ranging in the house and after only a few minutes she was sat by me shoving her head under my hand for nose rubs. She was about 14 months old at the time.

I can't speak for all lionheads but our Mylo is a little bit nuts! She's fine around us but will run away and stamp if anyone else comes near our (her!) room. She mostly sleeps during the day but has her mad moments, usually when we get up in the morning she does her usual routine of binkies and bunny 500s up and down the landing :love: She also likes to make a mess and is never without a few bits of hay stuck to her face!

This is my favourite picture I put together, I'm 98% certain she's actually a sea slug...! :lol:
11011599_10153320266841847_8931968886566808574_n.jpg

Only had Buddy but he is fantastic, a proper little character. He loves people, even the vet who was showered with bunny kisses on the last visit. He also has a very bolshy streak and when he decides he wants to get something/go somewhere you better just let him get his way or he is liable to just go and sulk. Both myself and my husband are convinced that he's actually a dog in disguise lol

Lionheads are some of the loveliest rabbits you can find. They are on the whole very sweet natured and good as gold. Can't really speak too highly of them. :love:

The pictures are just lovely!!

Thanks for the responses so far =]

I only ask as I've been trying to help make a "long stay" bunny where I work a little more confident as a lot of people are put off by a rabbit that doesn't like human interactions and so far all bunny's have been fine but the lionheads.
She likes the odd Cinderella book and loves the breeders pellets which she gets any time she willingly approaches a human. I've spent three months and she no longer hesitates to come out of her safe place to give me a quick greeting and will happily sit for a few moments with her front paws on my leg provided I don't try to touch her.
She's definitely a character and sometimes I just wonder if she's worried about her fur being messed up.

Our two lionheads (or at least part-lionheads...) have different personalities so I'm not sure there is a "lionhead" personality. They're both quite inquisitive but Trixie doesn't really like to be touched - she'll come towards you, or eat out of our hands, but she doesn't much like being stroked or picked up. As for messing up their fur, Peter always has hay stuck to some part of him (and gets it all over the house) so I'm not sure he's too concerned about his image :p

I can't speak for all lionheads but our Mylo is a little bit nuts! She's fine around us but will run away and stamp if anyone else comes near our (her!) room. She mostly sleeps during the day but has her mad moments, usually when we get up in the morning she does her usual routine of binkies and bunny 500s up and down the landing :love: She also likes to make a mess and is never without a few bits of hay stuck to her face!

This is my favourite picture I put together, I'm 98% certain she's actually a sea slug...! :lol:
11011599_10153320266841847_8931968886566808574_n.jpg

:lol::lol::lol:

Back