• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny brain teasers

Mrs Carr

Warren Scout
Can anyone recommend a good puzzle for bunnies?

We currently have two for Buddy to play with, one with wooden blocks that he has to pull out to get a treat and another where he has to lift up cups but he worked them both out within seconds of seeing them for the first time! He LOVES playing with them and gets really excited when we bring them out for him but I'd quite like to try him with something a bit more challenging that will occupy him for more than a few seconds.

Any ideas?

Treat balls? Not tricky as such but take bunnies ages to get every last bit out!

Lol he had a treat ball but he worked out if he slammed it repeatedly against the wall that the food just fell out :lol: Definitely kept him busy but very noisy when you're trying to watch the telly.

Can anyone recommend a good puzzle for bunnies?

We currently have two for Buddy to play with, one with wooden blocks that he has to pull out to get a treat and another where he has to lift up cups but he worked them both out within seconds of seeing them for the first time! He LOVES playing with them and gets really excited when we bring them out for him but I'd quite like to try him with something a bit more challenging that will occupy him for more than a few seconds.

Any ideas?

I got a wooden box too with three blocks to pull out in order to get treats and it's now banned in this house! The big bunny got carried away with it, throwing the blocks around as well as the empty box almost knocking the little bunny out!

I find that moving the toys, cardboard boxes and tunnels to a different area makes them more interesting, and saves buying new toys! My guys stopped playing with everything and one day, I moved them into a corner out of the way and all of a sudden they were playing with them again!

I got a wooden box too with three blocks to pull out in order to get treats and it's now banned in this house! The big bunny got carried away with it, throwing the blocks around as well as the empty box almost knocking the little bunny out!

:lol::lol::lol: funnily enough we make sure our ankles are well out the way when Bud has his blocks they really hurt when he flings them at you! (Although I admit to finding it funny when it was my husbands leg that got it)

There's a living world toy for bunnies, but I must admit it is easy for some buns to figure out, it has 3 stages one with just a plastic circle in that they nudge around to get the treats underneath, 2nd level is little knobs they have to lift up, then the 3rd is the nobes have to get slid around

You can you tube video's of it but it is a bit simple I must say

Have you tried a inner of a loo roll cardboard bit, and cutting small holes in that, then filling with hay, bunny will have to toss/throw that around to get out the prizes?

There's a sticky somewhere for toys/enrichment maybe something in there may help inspire some ideas, sorry I don't have the linkt hough x

EDIT: Here's the link http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?303726-Rabbit-toy-making-and-enrichment-activities

Thanks FireRose, we have the living world one, didn't read the instructions and set it up on the "hardest" setting to begin with ........ 5 seconds later treats all found and scoffed lol. I'll check out the link tho, hopefully there will be something there can keep him amused x

Back