• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Stop rabbit peeing/pooing on carpet

Julia25

Alpha Buck
My bunny lives outside, but on the weekend i do like to bring her indoors for some one-on-one time.

Normally i put her in the hallway but the only problem is that people go in and out all the time which can get quite annoying for me and them. The hallway has wood flooring so any pees/poos can be easily cleaned up.

other areas are behind the sofa or kitchen where the flooring is wood.

Now i would like to spend some time in the 'guest room' we have downstairs.Not used by adults. For her. We have a sofa/bed and a tv and thats basically it. it would be a great place for her to free range in as its big but not too big with much for her to hide or injure herself. Nobody goes in there either.

Basically a square shaped room. As it is carpet i know my mum won't want the bunny in there as the carpet could get ruined (don't want that for the guests) but we rarely have guests anyway.

What are your best solutions? Will your rabbit do it in one area or all over the place? Should i just stick to the hallway and living room?
Could i cover the carpet with something like newspaper, puppy pads ( i use puppy pads for the hutch flooring underneath hay)?

Thanks!:wave:

Have you offered her any litter trays filled with hay? They do tend to do their business in these naturally.

I have the issues of my buns pooing anywhere near hay (under the piano & in the run). But never any issues with urine.

Have you offered her any litter trays filled with hay? They do tend to do their business in these naturally.

I have the issues of my buns pooing anywhere near hay (under the piano & in the run). But never any issues with urine.

Yes, i have an under storage litter box which she uses in her 'bedroom' area.

Back