• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How to deter foxes from the garden?

moi

Mama Doe
I woke up to the sight of a dead bird this morning, just its wings and spine left and a bloody mess. The run is fox prof but it had had a go as the covers were all pulled off. x

go into garden at random times and make noise...move things around..hang things that will make a noise, such as tins, old cutlery, palstic cups on run/hutch..some are put off by old Cds due to reflections.
If you live with an adult man..get them to wee round edge of garden or where you think fox is entering..not foolproof but does deter as marking territory .
Borrow a male dog and let it go round garden and wee..same thing and foxes will avoid dogs if possible
Get security lights that come on with movement

I was going to say I've heard male's peeing round the entrance to where foxes come in can help - Also deters cats too apparently, though make sure no one can see... Would hate to explain that one away :lol: maybe wind chimes or something hanging around may deter them? x

I woke up to the sight of a dead bird this morning, just its wings and spine left and a bloody mess. The run is fox prof but it had had a go as the covers were all pulled off. x

Which may explain the issue you are having with the Rabbits pooing in the 'wrong place'

I was going to say I've heard male's peeing round the entrance to where foxes come in can help - Also deters cats too apparently, though make sure no one can see... Would hate to explain that one away :lol: maybe wind chimes or something hanging around may deter them? x

Yes I heard that too :D

Only sure fire way to deter foxes from a rabbit run is an electrified wire at fox nose level.

However we found that the better quality sonic fox deterrents worked well - the once that are motion sensitive.

pee is an old wives tale tbh from the old days when foxes were afraid of humans. No longer the case.

Only sure fire way to deter foxes from a rabbit run is an electrified wire at fox nose level.

However we found that the better quality sonic fox deterrents worked well - the once that are motion sensitive.

pee is an old wives tale tbh from the old days when foxes were afraid of humans. No longer the case.

:lol: Yes I did wonder about the pee!

I remember you mentioning the electric fence previously and it's seriously on my mind .....

I've got 2 fox watches and spray this special fox deterrent spray around the garden (called scoot)

I saw a fox in the garden about a year ago and up until that point had a couple of presents which j prayed were cat poo. Since installing the above have not seen one and no more 'presents' so am certain the combo is working. All the accommodation is super fox proof but I don't want them scaring the bunnies

I could squat in the corner of the garden! lol x

I've got wire all down one side of my fence and Willow along the top of the other 2 sides, but the Willow doesn't last very long. This definitely keeps them out of my garden and they come past every night.

Back