• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Everyday veggies

Julia25

Alpha Buck
Been doing some research on rabbit veggies and wanted to know what you guys feed your rabbits often.

Im off to buy some veggies for Nessie but need some more ideas as all i ever used to buy was kale, spring greens and use the end of broccoli once we'd eaten the tops.

At the moment i've got:
  • Kale
  • Romaine Lettuce
  • Spring Greens
  • Parsley
  • Watercress

What do you feed your bunny's reguarly , i know that spinach can cause gas.

Well i know everyone has their own opinion but I don't really tend to give mine many veggies.. Instead every evening my bunnies get a handful of fresh herbs which can include;

Dill / parsley / coriander & basil, but back in the summer they also had outside forage.

Once a week, they will also get either a carrot top or a little bit of broccoli xx

Well i know everyone has their own opinion but I don't really tend to give mine many veggies.. Instead every evening my bunnies get a handful of fresh herbs which can include;

Dill / parsley / coriander & basil, but back in the summer they also had outside forage.

Once a week, they will also get either a carrot top or a little bit of broccoli xx

At the moment all she is getting is dried herbage, grass and bits of wild plants that are around the garden.

Our little guy likes basil, parsley, rocket, spinach, green beans, green pepper and broccoli. We give a small handful a day and introduce new things very gradually of course xx

Our little Giz loves his broccoli, did try baby spinach but turned his twitchy little nose up at it lol. We have Rosemary and Thyme in the garden which he used to enjoy plucking fresh off the plant.

Mine have kale, peppers, celery, pak choi, greens, broccoli, sprouting broccoli, spinach, rocket, watercress, mint, basil, parsley, carrot tops, carrot (1 small between 6 buns), apple occasionally, grapes occasionally, strawberries occasionally, mini corn cobs, coriander. obviously not all at once! I give a variety of 6 different things a day. Have tried banana and kiwi but they didn't like it. They also have dried forage in winter and fresh in summer.

Our little Giz loves his broccoli, did try baby spinach but turned his twitchy little nose up at it lol. We have Rosemary and Thyme in the garden which he used to enjoy plucking fresh off the plant.

:lol: our little guy turned his twitchy nose up at courgette and asparagus!

Kale, spinach and parsley are high in calcium, so you may want to reduce those a bit.

Mine have a variety of things including celery, cucumber, chicory, pak choi, spring greens, fennel, carrots ,baby corns,& broccoli, and they all love herbs, so dill, thyme, mint, coriander, parsley etc (not all of those things every day!)

Brocolli can cause gas, and carrots and baby corns are higher in sugar, so shouldn't be given too often.

Mine only get veggies very occasionally such as carrots and broccoli. Everyday by buns get some of the following fresh herbs - watercress, dill, mint, basil, thyme, rosemary, sage, coriander, parsley. I also give them some dried forage

Kale, savoy cabbage, romaine lettuce, broccoli, cauliflower, peppers, long fine green beans, small corn cobs, celery (cut that up fine, after reading about the stringy bits), carrots and all different kinds of herbs. Though the veg is rotated, the greens are more important, I think. Always searching for new greens and veg to add to the list and rotate. I tend to feed something to them 3 days in a row, than rotate, so the stuff is fresh and can be used mostly all up. What ever is left over, I use myself.

They get a small treat before bed, which is dried stuff normally. Storm hates anything sweet, strange boy he is. And Poppy doesn't like expensive veggies, which I guess is a bonus!

Back