• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

So who has their Xmas tree up?

Ruthyjones89

Mama Doe
Well as its the first official weekend in December, just wondering if anyone has been mad like me and been busy putting their Xmas tree & decorations up? :lol:

Would love to see pictures xxx

Here's mine...

Lovely! Ours isn't up yet - probably tomorrow :) Is the tree in Honey's reach and if so, has she shown any interest?!

Love your trees, looking fab.....have put mine up today....it's our first real tree so am really pleased with our choice!!
7fce09e0bfe7bc9a815f648cc415ba94.jpg

Also has some festive nails done......just need to actually buy some pressies now!!!
6f2a71c2391e08088607e855d155637d.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Aww wow Loving everyone's trees.. :love: And OMG that upside down tree is amazing, such a fab idea!! :)

Hi mariposa, Nope actually our tree is on the floor, it's replaced her sofa short term so that's moved to another corner so think she's sulking slightly and not liking it.. But she's had a good sniff of it, tried chewing the bottom a couple of times but left it alone now! The actual tree she's fine with, it's the baubles she's taking a liking to & nudging them, making them rock, Lol! :lol:

I love seeing everyone's trees (and festive nails!). Got our tree yesterday and I decorated it while the other half was at his works do.

Theo just checking it's real...

Yeah :lol: it's an upside down tree :D and huge.. It's hilarious watching my dad try and put the top on. Or is that the bottom?! :lol:

It's messing with my brain! Is it specially to stop the cat climbing on it, or just to be funky and different?

It's messing with my brain! Is it specially to stop the cat climbing on it, or just to be funky and different?

My mom had just always wanted one but one to fit up to our ceiling was too expensive. But a local garden centre that was closing down and had this one on sale from £400 to £100, my moms birthday is the 9th of December so my dad bought it for her birthday :lol: I was actually there with my OH, saw it and called her and within 10 minutes they were there haha!

We had had 2 Christmases with trying to stop the cat climbing the tree and then got the upside down tree and realised she had no chance, even though she tried :lol:

so neat everyone! as I live in the states Christmas isn't till the 25th so ours isn't up yet but I have noticed trees appearing in the windows around the neighborhood. the weather is not cooperating. today the sky was clear and it was 50 degrees F! I thought you were supposed to have a white Christmas?!

Last edited:
So, here is our small offering with the first present already placed ready for playing with

the tree has a very interesting history :) and is part of a confession, worthy of Radio 2, Simon Mayo :)

Back in November 1988, my OH and I were swapping a small damp rented flat for our own proper 3 bed home. As we'd always made do with a 3ft sparse silver tree, we decided to push the boat out a bit on a new tree for the new house. We made a trip to B&Q about 20 miles from home and saw this beauty on display. It's 6ft tall with individual branches locked into a central core, just the job, we thought. A bit expensive at £80 - don't forget it was 1988 - but what the heck! We then wandered around for a while buying decorations to cover such a magnificent tree, the total bill was expected to be over £100.

As B&Q was so far from our home and the tree being so large and potentially difficult to fit in the car, we were going to ask about delivery, we were in no rush, it could go direct to the new house, safe us the bother.

We got to the checkout, quite a queue, young lad on the till. It came to our turn, all the decorations went through without problem. Then the tree, no bar code on the box or inside!! No-one answered his call for help, he was starting to panic a bit.

Then he spotted it, a scrappy piece of paper stuck next to his till. Christmas trees, it said and a hand written bar code. He sighed with relief, punched in the code. "£4.99", he declared "is that ok?" Well, we looked at each other, shrugged, said it sounded ok, paid up and legged it out of B&Q as quickly as we could. The journey home was a bit uncomfortable, the tree was jammed into the car, there was no way we were going to chance having it delivered after that.

So, our £4.99 tree has taken pride of place for 27 years now, I think we've had our moneys worth :) and after renovating two houses, I think B&Q have had a fair amount from us over the years too.

We now have two other trees in the house as well and we always go to B&Q for the decorations !!

So, here is our small offering with the first present already placed ready for playing with

the tree has a very interesting history :) and is part of a confession, worthy of Radio 2, Simon Mayo :)

Back in November 1988, my OH and I were swapping a small damp rented flat for our own proper 3 bed home. As we'd always made do with a 3ft sparse silver tree, we decided to push the boat out a bit on a new tree for the new house. We made a trip to B&Q about 20 miles from home and saw this beauty on display. It's 6ft tall with individual branches locked into a central core, just the job, we thought. A bit expensive at £80 - don't forget it was 1988 - but what the heck! We then wandered around for a while buying decorations to cover such a magnificent tree, the total bill was expected to be over £100.

As B&Q was so far from our home and the tree being so large and potentially difficult to fit in the car, we were going to ask about delivery, we were in no rush, it could go direct to the new house, safe us the bother.

We got to the checkout, quite a queue, young lad on the till. It came to our turn, all the decorations went through without problem. Then the tree, no bar code on the box or inside!! No-one answered his call for help, he was starting to panic a bit.

Then he spotted it, a scrappy piece of paper stuck next to his till. Christmas trees, it said and a hand written bar code. He sighed with relief, punched in the code. "£4.99", he declared "is that ok?" Well, we looked at each other, shrugged, said it sounded ok, paid up and legged it out of B&Q as quickly as we could. The journey home was a bit uncomfortable, the tree was jammed into the car, there was no way we were going to chance having it delivered after that.

So, our £4.99 tree has taken pride of place for 27 years now, I think we've had our moneys worth :) and after renovating two houses, I think B&Q have had a fair amount from us over the years too.

We now have two other trees in the house as well and we always go to B&Q for the decorations !!

Before I even read your story I thought what a beautiful tree it is, so hearing the story it seems even nicer. I imagine that is the best spent £5 you have ever spent!

Back