• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent loss, alone bunny - Advice needed

Sophia_Flo

Young Bun
Hello

I'm Looking for some advice please.
I recently lost my 4 year old male rabbit, we had to make the devastating decision to put him to sleep.

His sister who he was housed with is now alone, she has always had his company. I'm worried she will be unhappy as a single bun.

My question is do I introduced a new companion? I feel so sad she is on her own. Although she is an indoor bun and has lots of human attention, there is surely nothing like having a bun friend.

It's no problem taking on a new rabbit, but is this the best thing to do? This was my first pair of rabbits, so I have never been in this situation before.

I just want to do best by my bun and seek some advice.

Thanks Sophia

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

Hi Sophia, I'm sorry to hear that you lost your rabbit. It's good that you're thinking of another rabbit as a companion for your remaining rabbit. Most bunnies enjoy the company of other bunnies and it's less stressful than being a single bun always 'on watch' for predators, they'll feel more secure if they have a friend to share sentry duties with. There are also health benefits too as they can groom each other and this can help if your rabbit has weepy eye problems for example.
Rabbit rescues can help to find another suitable bun.

Good luck :thumb:

60cd122edafcb382d34599de92ded772.jpg

This picture is a few years old, I'm hopefully looking for a companion for the white bunny.

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk

Back