• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Odi the hamster

Gem

Wise Old Thumper
Here's my boy, had him a few weeks now.

He's already an adult but we don't know how old he is.

He's very tame and loves sniffing the bunnies through the bars

28102dd836035203af3b11a0f4a4c1eb.jpg

b7f690b0cfade577a5a7324e78eea8c8.jpg

401805a289cc19130dae3bda77e7eaaf.jpg

93dcee8e6ad985c1d8fa51cf4a07a322.jpg

c2493473ba4fecf9da06cb815d6d4c99.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awwww he is gorgeous. What cage do you have? I am researching cages for a friend atm

Wow that wooden cage looks so good. The other link doesnt look like your pics though ... was that a temp cage he was in? He is sooo lovely.

My friend is considering the alaska cage. Looks ok. Quite plain and easy to custom.

http://t.zooplus.co.uk/shop/small_pets/hutches_cages/hamster_cages/hamster_cages/284288

The first link is the one in the picture. (Just added is toys etc).

The second link is my russian dwarfs cage. Which is plenty of room for him. I don't have any pictures of it at the moment.

The one you're looking looks good. Seems more than big enough and I doubt a syrian would outgrow it. (Main thing I suggest with Syrians is to avoid ones with plastic tubes as many outgrow them once they reach their adult size).

The mamble is a cool cage, I know a lot of people who would recommend them, I love the Alexander but it's not amazing for access!
The Barney is fab as is the Alaska, the Alaska is basically the Hamster Heaven only cheaper and without the tubes. With tubes you have to be careful with condensation build up if they chose to sleep in them as it can be fatal.

I think you mentioned in another thread about him not using his wheel? I'm not surprised tbh, but these sorts of cages don't come with appropriate wheels which is a shame as it can be harmful to the hamsters with them having to arch their backs so much, so most just give up trying to use them!
The minimum recomended wheel size for syrians is 8inches, (personally I'd go 10inches or more) but with any of the cages mentioned a 12inch flying saucer would fit perfectly. They're nice and quiet too, both of my syrians much preferred them over the 12 inch silent spinners (which were far from silent :lol:)

Anyway, now I need to go and stare at my empty hamster cage and carry on longing to fill it :cry: Which is harder now I've seen this little cutie! I'm on the hunt for a dwarfie though, my local rspca has a Chinese hamster but I've never had a Chinese! I've had everything but a Chinese.. Who knows though, need to get the downstairs room finished first!

Back