• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

galen's garden pure timothy hay pellets

biscandmatt1

Wise Old Thumper
should this be in chat or food? :?

anyway, i contacted galen's garden to ask if they'd consider providing these as hay flakes (like they do with the alpine meadow ones especially for dental buns) and unfortunately they told me that the farmer who supplies them has very sadly passed away so they currently can't get anymore and are unsure whether they will ever continue to be made :(

so disappointed as my lot get through quite alot of them and it's one of the ways bisc will eat a bit more hay. i break them up for him and he has some alongside his regular hay which he doesn't eat enough of. i was really hoping them made into flakes would help even more :( - and the piggies have about 1/8 cup of them a day aswell as their 'pellets'

i've just stocked up on some so if anyone wants any then there isn't much left :wave:

should this be in chat or food? :?

anyway, i contacted galen's garden to ask if they'd consider providing these as hay flakes (like they do with the alpine meadow ones especially for dental buns) and unfortunately they told me that the farmer who supplies them has very sadly passed away so they currently can't get anymore and are unsure whether they will ever continue to be made :(

so disappointed as my lot get through quite alot of them and it's one of the ways bisc will eat a bit more hay. i break them up for him and he has some alongside his regular hay which he doesn't eat enough of. i was really hoping them made into flakes would help even more :( - and the piggies have about 1/8 cup of them a day aswell as their 'pellets'

i've just stocked up on some so if anyone wants any then there isn't much left :wave:

Oh, sad news :cry:

It's a very good idea though- I have to say I had never heard/thought of the flakes before! I think my lot would've liked them too :)

Oh, sad news :cry:

It's a very good idea though- I have to say I had never heard/thought of the flakes before! I think my lot would've liked them too :)

they still do the alpine meadow ones which is a newish thing so hopefully they might add more varieties in flakes over time. i do break up the timothy ones into smaller pieces for bisc but i think he would eat even more if they were even smaller.

i did actually get some of the alpine meadow hay pellets last order and they are much softer and he loved them, but seemed to get a bit gassy after. could be coincidence but i haven't fed them since so i'm unsure whether to try again with the flakes in that variety.

he turned his nose up at the meadow hay ones unfortunately and a while back he also rejected the plantain and dandelion too :roll: :lol: fussy bunny.

they still do the alpine meadow ones which is a newish thing so hopefully they might add more varieties in flakes over time. i do break up the timothy ones into smaller pieces for bisc but i think he would eat even more if they were even smaller.

i did actually get some of the alpine meadow hay pellets last order and they are much softer and he loved them, but seemed to get a bit gassy after. could be coincidence but i haven't fed them since so i'm unsure whether to try again with the flakes in that variety.

he turned his nose up at the meadow hay ones unfortunately and a while back he also rejected the plantain and dandelion too :roll: :lol: fussy bunny.

Just searching and came back to this thread :D

I see Bisc has tried the plantain and dandelion. Are they just those herbs and nothing else? What would be the advantage of plantain pellets over the dried stuff? Hhmmm... :)

Just searching and came back to this thread :D

I see Bisc has tried the plantain and dandelion. Are they just those herbs and nothing else? What would be the advantage of plantain pellets over the dried stuff? Hhmmm... :)

it says they are just that herb but they've made them into large pellets. not sure what they advantage would be over the dried variety - i thought maybe they could be soaked for dental buns aswell but remember them being very hard.

just remembered i tried the nettle ones aswell. weren't a hit with bisc or matt. they did used to have dried plantain and dandelion though and seemed to enjoy those but the last few times i've bought bisc the dandelion, he hasn't been that fussed for some reason. also got him the vitakraft hay a bit ago with added dandelion which i thought he'd love but nope :lol: he loves fresh dandelions though. in spring i'm going to *try* and grow some in pots aswell as the odd few we get on the grass so i think he will really enjoy those :)

it says they are just that herb but they've made them into large pellets. not sure what they advantage would be over the dried variety - i thought maybe they could be soaked for dental buns aswell but remember them being very hard.

just remembered i tried the nettle ones aswell. weren't a hit with bisc or matt. they did used to have dried plantain and dandelion though and seemed to enjoy those but the last few times i've bought bisc the dandelion, he hasn't been that fussed for some reason. also got him the vitakraft hay a bit ago with added dandelion which i thought he'd love but nope :lol: he loves fresh dandelions though. in spring i'm going to *try* and grow some in pots aswell as the odd few we get on the grass so i think he will really enjoy those :)

This is important info when buying for dental buns .. also the size is important - though they don't look too big.

I wish (as you said on the other thread) that there was a lot more info, other than just 'Apple Pellets' for example. What does that mean?

This is important info when buying for dental buns .. also the size is important - though they don't look too big.

I wish (as you said on the other thread) that there was a lot more info, other than just 'Apple Pellets' for example. What does that mean?

they're definitely large and i remember those types being quite hard. i'm sure i tried to break them and couldn't. there are some reviews on youtube.

i would like more info aswell. the exact ingredients and what animals they are suitable for :)

they're definitely large and i remember those types being quite hard. i'm sure i tried to break them and couldn't. there are some reviews on youtube.

i would like more info aswell. the exact ingredients and what animals they are suitable for :)

Yes I agree. I expect they get enough business without having to put ingredients on there, or I suppose they would! :)

Like I said on another thread they are lovely people and are very helpful if you have questions.
I've got some herbal pellets and they are tiny. But not opened the packet yet.

Like I said on another thread they are lovely people and are very helpful if you have questions.

Yes, I understand what you say. However, it would take a lot of their time to send me the detailed ingredient lists I would like. I wouldn't dream of asking all the stuff I would like to know! I would prefer not to order :)

That's a shame, there stuff is great and I would buy that over pet shop stuff any day of the week

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

they do seem like a nice company and have always got back to me quickly when i've messaged any questions.

i'll look into the herbal ones if they're small. bisc does better with smaller pieces of pellet type food :)

they do seem like a nice company and have always got back to me quickly when i've messaged any questions.

i'll look into the herbal ones if they're small. bisc does better with smaller pieces of pellet type food :)

I think they are a great company. This thread has just reminded me I need to order a couple of things from them.

They are lovely and I have known Belinda for many years!

There's just so much I would wish to know, they would have to write a book just for me ... Not very reasonable of me :lol:

Here you go, hope it helps

599f058bab2e75994fdcb1a0550628ee.jpg

29c41c95de8b9821f3cb6b6d71220bcc.jpg

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

Back