• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone ever travelled and had to leave buns?

Ettie

New Kit
My partner and I are taking a year to travel to NZ. My parents said they'd take the rabbits, but because of allergies they'd have to live outdoors. They have lived a very luxurious life indoors up until now, as freerange house rabbits. Would living outdoors, probably with only a standard size hutch and run, be really bad for them? Is there anything available where people foster rabbits for periods of time (I'd obviously pay them and set up a subscription so they wouldn't have to pay for food or supplies)? Has anyone had experience with something like this? Rabbit Hotels are too expensive

I know someone who left her rabbit with her brother in law for a year while she and her husband went travelling. The rabbit was fine and seemed glad to see them when they came home. Why not look at the housing thread on this site and get some ideas? You might be able to do more than the minimum, and that would make you feel better.

I am sure they would be fine. Also you would be in touch with your parents and keep up with how the rabbits are getting on.

Back