• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

2 boys neutered, 2 different Vets

tonibun

Wise Old Thumper
Had 2 boys (which had been advertised as 2 girls) neutered yesterday at the same Practice but by 2 different Vets. One had internal stitches and glue, the other had external stitches. Both are doing well although no sign of any wees as yet! The boys had been living in an indoor cage and were probably on the verge of fighting, they are around 18 weeks, one of them was really hiped up mounting the submissive one and when I checked to see if it was a boy, even I was in no doubt and his "hosepipe" was about 2" long! Was he trying to mate with the other one? Anyway they are fine now, now great hay eaters but will work on that!

That's funny isn't it? I thought that the way the bun was neutered was the practices own way not the specific vet, although it does make sense the vet would do it the way they know! You live and learn I guess.

Glad they are doing well tonibun, my two had internal dissolvable stitches and I was glad it was done that way if I'm honest! Hope they continue to recover well x

Back