• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hay experts favourites

mariposa

Mama Doe
We want to get our little guy some treats for Christmas - what are your bunnies' favourites from the Hay Experts? We'll get some fenugreek crunchies after reading very good things on here, and some dried herbs etc too, but what about toys? I had a few things in mind but some of them had corn in which I now think I shouldn't buy from reading the other thread on here!

Mine love anything made of willow that they can chew and throw about and they absolutely love the carrot cottage, though it doesn't last very long!

Hi,

What kind of things does your bunny like?

Honey goes mad for the large willow ball, dried dandelion and plantain - now part of her daily diet as she goes in a strop if I miss a day! Lol! ;)

Along with her cardboard castle & her chew mat went down really well! :) but to be honest so many of their items are amazing and I'm sure he'd love anything xx

Last edited:
Thanks everyone :)
He loves willow so will definitely get some of those! Anything we can hide food in goes down very well too! xx

If I could just sneak in a question here whilst we are talking about The Hay Experts?

I buy this Timothy hay to mix with the meadow stuff I buy from The Range https://www.thehayexperts.co.uk/alfalfa-king-timothy-hay.html

I usually buy the big £20 bags I think they are 4.5kg, I generally buy it because its lovely and green and stalky and mine really like it, but I find it is expensive considering I buy it regularly, does anyone know of any cheaper alternatives that are nice and green and stalky but a bit cheaper?

The OH will chop my legs off if I keep buying ''expensive grass'' (he just doesn't understand us) :lol:

I'm glad I saw this thread today I ended up buying more dandelion and plantain as well, good reminder! As well a some more Timothy hay, but they didn't have my usual 4.5kg bag in stock :( had to settle with a smaller one to get us through Christmas!

Thank you so much everyone! Oooh I could easily spend so much on there :lol:

Sarah, glad I reminded you! We buy Timothy & Rye hay from Hay for Pets which goes down very well, but not very green! xxx

Back