• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cozy Plush Microwaveable Warmer

daphnephoebe

Wise Old Thumper
Has anyone ever got any of these for their bunnies?

Its a soft cuddly toy with a wheat inside that you pop into the microwave and warm up.

I have the snugglesafe but our bunnies don't really like them so I'm trying to find an alternative. (Our house is freezing downstairs as we can't have the radiators on - one is under the grand piano and the other is behind the hamsters cages) so we want to supply them something to snuggle to help keep warm.

Has anyone ever got any of these for their bunnies?

Its a soft cuddly toy with a wheat inside that you pop into the microwave and warm up.

I have the snugglesafe but our bunnies don't really like them so I'm trying to find an alternative. (Our house is freezing downstairs as we can't have the radiators on - one is under the grand piano and the other is behind the hamsters cages) so we want to supply them something to snuggle to help keep warm.

No I haven't heard of them, but they are probably similar to the wheat bags I make myself with organic wheat grains?

The only issue I have is that they don't stay warm anything like as long as a snuggle safe.

I would be worried that the rabbits would chew through it and eat the wheat - which may not be good for them. It may have been treated or otherwise unfit for consumption.

I would be worried that the rabbits would chew through it and eat the wheat - which may not be good for them. It may have been treated or otherwise unfit for consumption.

They'll only have these supervised. At night they have no choice but to have the snuggle safe.

They'll only have these supervised. At night they have no choice but to have the snuggle safe.

I wouldn't worry about them ingesting a wheat berry, but having looked at the item you describe, they are unlikely to be able to get to them without a lot of chewing, which you would notice!

Why don't they like the snuggle safe?

I use Snugglesafe heatpads under a pile of hay, either in the normal bed area or in a litter tray. I don't use the fleece covers as they just collect hay. A piece of newspaper works to keep them cleaner if they are likely to be wee'd on - wrapped up like fish & chips. If they are sandwiched in the hay, it gives a nice warm bed without being uncomfortable to sit on. If they are indoors, maybe try it underneath a heap of blanket or fleece. I don't think any of mine would just sit on a heatpad on its own.

I use Snugglesafe heatpads under a pile of hay, either in the normal bed area or in a litter tray. I don't use the fleece covers as they just collect hay. A piece of newspaper works to keep them cleaner if they are likely to be wee'd on - wrapped up like fish & chips. If they are sandwiched in the hay, it gives a nice warm bed without being uncomfortable to sit on. If they are indoors, maybe try it underneath a heap of blanket or fleece. I don't think any of mine would just sit on a heatpad on its own.

I've tried most of these. I'll try it under the hay in their bed (they are inside but I they are on sawdust in the house as blankets to clean every day isn't realistic)

I've not a clue. I've tried it at various temperatures with various protectors on it but they just don't seem keen. Maybe because its fairly rigid?

I have to say mine took a while to get used to them.

But for young healthy rabbits in the house, why use them at all? :)

(extra work for you ..)

Our house is freezing. We generally can't heat the downstairs because of the piano etc and I pretty much live in a blanket when home. They have their boxes, blankets, hay etc but if given something like a hot water bottle (warm water) they'll sit and cuddle this for ages but I don't like hot water bottles, never trusted them.

Our house is freezing. We generally can't heat the downstairs because of the piano etc and I pretty much live in a blanket when home. They have their boxes, blankets, hay etc but if given something like a hot water bottle (warm water) they'll sit and cuddle this for ages but I don't like hot water bottles, never trusted them.

Yeah I live in a fridge too :lol: Five layers, hat, scarf and gloves and then working at home :D

You should ask them to kindly grow their thicker coats if they are spurning your offer of snuggle safes :lol:

Yeah I live in a fridge too :lol: Five layers, hat, scarf and gloves and then working at home :D

You should ask them to kindly grow their thicker coats if they are spurning your offer of snuggle safes :lol:

Think they'd tell me where to go and just go snuggle David instead.

Haha I see - buns with attitude :lol:

They are quite a pair now they are together. Can always tell when they are upto something they shouldn't be as you have Daphne lead the way and Phoebe will follow her on her tip-toes. No hopping when causing trouble.

Well you never know ;)
Bunnies having to steal them off my feet

:lol: Just discussed this with OH and he says that she won't know what shape it is (she's blind) so I could microwave one of my homemade wheat bags inside a furry pillow case I got from the R.S.P.C.A. shop and put it in her bed? That is, of course, if it doesn't end up on my feet!

:lol: Just discussed this with OH and he says that she won't know what shape it is (she's blind) so I could microwave one of my homemade wheat bags inside a furry pillow case I got from the R.S.P.C.A. shop and put it in her bed? That is, of course, if it doesn't end up on my feet!

That sounds like a brill idea

Back