• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Willy Fred the wonder bun!!!

Mrs. Bunnykins

Wise Old Thumper
Well this little furry friend of mine never ceases to amaze me. He's 9 years old, has awful dental problems and usually needs to have them burred down with a GA, every 2-3 months...and he was diagnosed with cancer around 6 months ago. The vets gave him 2 months max to live.... Surprise, surprise he is still here and flourishing!!! Both his mum and I think his cancer is benign, otherwise we feel sure he would have died by now. He's eating me out of house and home, basil, coriander, mint, springs greens, apple, banana, porridge oats......I know, some of which is naughty, but so long as he has such a zest for life we'll keep him going.

And the motto of this little story............on more than 4 occasions the vets have said....." Maybe it would be kinder to have him put to sleep", well whilst this little bunny has a sparkle in his eyes, is eating, drinking, pooing , peeing...and spraying....who are we to take his life away from him? And to top it all......he still gets very 'busy' with his soft toys!!! Know your bunny!!!

:love::love:

Last edited:
Willy Fred you are an amazing bunny, glad you are fighting :) Mrs Bunnykins you are inspirational xx

Good for WF!! And for his hoomins for being in his corner :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well WF has stayed with me for almost a month...and to say he is a very happy bunny would be an understatement!!! Hopping around, humping his toys, eating me out of house and home, bright, lively....enjoying life at the age of 9years old and diagnosed with cancer....it must be benign!!! The vets recommended that WF be put to sleep once cancer discovered......but they weren't to know...it was/is benign. Thank goodness WF's mum, dad and myself thought different. Just goes to show........

Anyway WF goes home this weekend......I'll miss him like crazy....always ready for cuddles and kisses...al being well though, he will be back again next month.

Well WF has stayed with me for almost a month...and to say he is a very happy bunny would be an understatement!!! Hopping around, humping his toys, eating me out of house and home, bright, lively....enjoying life at the age of 9years old and diagnosed with cancer....it must be benign!!! The vets recommended that WF be put to sleep once cancer discovered......but they weren't to know...it was/is benign. Thank goodness WF's mum, dad and myself thought different. Just goes to show........

Anyway WF goes home this weekend......I'll miss him like crazy....always ready for cuddles and kisses...al being well though, he will be back again next month.

He truly is a Wonderbun :love:

I'm so glad that his tumour has turned out to be benign and not cancerous. (Cancer can never be benign - it's only ever malignant). That's really really good news for him and his family and his wonderful caretaker - you!

My wonderful little furry friend goes home on Saturday..........I'll miss him so much. Putting aside the fact that he is a rabbit......he's my friend who has always been more than happy to have cuddles...and in return lick my face.............his ears have been saturated when I've cried, but not once has he moved away from me, his fur has turned beige..ish...on the days I have been wearing foundation and cuddled him so close................. he's not my bunny...but I'm sure I love him just as much as his mummy and daddy do. Right now I'm off to bed, WF is steadily working his way through fresh basil, broccoli, apple, coriander and porridge oats...needed to help him maintain his weight. Night night my wonderful furry friend. xxxxxxxx

Super, super and so very special Willy Fred:D What a very wonderful rabbit. You will certainly miss him (until the next time), but his mummy and daddy will be very pleased to be with him again. Sleep well in the knowledge that your very special friend is munching contentedly away not so very far from you.

Well, Willy Fred's mum has been to collect him....:( I'll miss him so much.....however all being well he'll be back again next month!!!:love:

Well, Willy Fred's mum has been to collect him....:( I'll miss him so much.....however all being well he'll be back again next month!!!:love:

Aaww .. He really has a home from home and a surrogate Mum in you (if you don't mind being called a bunny's Mum, as I know some do!!)

I hope he'll be back with you soon in fighting form :D

Back