• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Draught from runaround door.

hoppetylop

Mama Doe
Just a quick but probably silly question about runaround doors:

I have a playhouse/run combo with 24 hour access to the run via a cat flap.I really want to attach another run on the other side of the playhouse but this one would need to be connected via runaround doors with a burrow pipe between.OH will sort that in the week for me but I was just wondering about the draught caused by the always open runaround door?Do people find it a problem?
I do have a plan whereby I put a wooden box in the playhouse which they would access first from the runaround door and a cat flap in that to then get into the playhouse.Is that ridiculous??!!:)

This is the first winter ive had outdoor bunnies.Its taking abit of getting used to!!

Last edited:
No experience of it but your idea of a box would work if it does turn out to be a problem. It probably doesn't need to be a catflap, just an entrance at a different angle so the wind doesn't blow through. I imagine it might depend which way the run entrance faces and how long the pipe is - if it's sheltered then it might not be an issue at all.

Thankyou Tamsin,That makes sense.

I think im just over-worrying anyway.I will probably worry less next Winter having got through this one!

Don't worry, I think it's something you gradually get immune to when you've watched them sit out in all weathers and completely ignore anything you do to keep them warm :lol:

Mine sit at their tube entrance :thumb: There's plenty of other places to sit when they get cold, and they do move, but sometimes they like the draft!

Mine sit at their tube entrance :thumb: There's plenty of other places to sit when they get cold, and they do move, but sometimes they like the draft!

:lol:
Funny animals,bunnies!

Weve installed the runaround tunnel and doors and im really pleased with them-so are the bunnies:)

Back