• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A Not-So-Happy Bunny...

supersonic

Mama Doe
Last week there was an incident with the guineas hutch, all's ok but due to Sonics hutch being the same make, my parents decided to treat him to a nice new house too, which is so lovely of them.

I got a picture of it this morning, and it's a bit bigger than his last hutch, in depth and width. I was then sent this picture... It's very bad quality because it's zoomed in so far and taken through glass, but it includes a stroppy bunny that does not like his new house, and if you look carefully, you can see his food bowl, which has been purposely emptied and thrown into his water bowl :lol: Apparently he was sat like this for hours this morning!

Dad's been out to give him some carrot, and says he's looking less bewildered now.

Who says bunnies don't have personalities!?!

It's like he's saying, "What did I do that was really so bad that you've done this to me?". Super expression :love: Nice of your parents, I'm sure he'll get to appreciate it more soon.

It's so nice of my parents, I was really surprised when mum suggested it! They're 'if it ain't broke don't fix it' people, so I am very surprised haha. He could just reach the top of his last hutch (yeah, not ideal I know but let's not bother with that) and apparently he keeps standing up trying (and failing) to reach the top of this one :lol:

He's very stubborn, but hopefully it'll grow on him

Must be a fun rabbit to own! Cheeky boy!

I love him, but he is a nightmare! Never known an animal like him, honestly, he knows exactly how to wind each of us up. My mum doesn't like animals, Sonic's 6, and she's touched him twice (can you believe!?), but they have a mutual understanding, and it's quite sweet. He's not a particularly sociable rabbit, so if he's fed up he'll just go sit next to her because she won't bother fussing about him and they'll just happily sit next to each other :) Very sweet!

:lol: I get putting things in water bowl protests too!!

My now bridge bunny Frankie would sometimes tip her pellet bowl into her water bowl - this meant she had to carry/shove it there to do it!!

Lola shreds paper and fills the water bowl or worse still she pees in it!!! She sometimes pees in her food bowl too :/

:lol: I get putting things in water bowl protests too!!

My now bridge bunny Frankie would sometimes tip her pellet bowl into her water bowl - this meant she had to carry/shove it there to do it!!

Lola shreds paper and fills the water bowl or worse still she pees in it!!! She sometimes pees in her food bowl too :/

It's a nightmare!

Sonic used to have a bottle, but one day it stopped working and we couldn't get to a pet shop so we gave him an emergency bowl. Turned out, he loved it, because he now refuses to drink out of a bottle.

At first I would get worried when his food bowl ended up in his water bowl, so I used to go outside and take it out, I didn't want him going thirsty!

UNTIL... we were sat watching him, and he stacked his bowls... looked at us for a little while, then he obviously had enough because he took it out himself! Cheeky ******! Turns out he just used to do it for attention - he was never in any danger of going thirsty :roll:

It's a nightmare!

Sonic used to have a bottle, but one day it stopped working and we couldn't get to a pet shop so we gave him an emergency bowl. Turned out, he loved it, because he now refuses to drink out of a bottle.

At first I would get worried when his food bowl ended up in his water bowl, so I used to go outside and take it out, I didn't want him going thirsty!

UNTIL... we were sat watching him, and he stacked his bowls... looked at us for a little while, then he obviously had enough because he took it out himself! Cheeky ******! Turns out he just used to do it for attention - he was never in any danger of going thirsty :roll:

:lol: They are such smart little things!! You've definitely got an intelligent bunny on your hands there! Frankie sometimes used to take her bowl into one of her hay tunnels she built. Then at pellet time I would say "where's your bowl?" And she would go and retrieve it from a tunnel and throw it back out :lol: At first I thought it was a fluke but she did it a few different evenings. I so wish I had the chance to have filmed her doing it.

:lol: They are such smart little things!! You've definitely got an intelligent bunny on your hands there! Frankie sometimes used to take her bowl into one of her hay tunnels she built. Then at pellet time I would say "where's your bowl?" And she would go and retrieve it from a tunnel and throw it back out :lol: At first I thought it was a fluke but she did it a few different evenings. I so wish I had the chance to have filmed her doing it.

Sometimes I think Sonic understands me, but chooses to have 'selective hearing' :roll:

There's no doubt about that, if my buns are anything to go by :lol:

:lol: The amount of arguments that I've had with people about rabbits having a personality... it's ridiculous! My old house mate just never really 'got' animals, and he was always saying that I was making all these stories up haha. No one believes me until they meet Sonic, and he soon changes their mind.

Back