• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Science Selective Black Friday Deal - Notcutts!

NewBunnyFan

Warren Scout
Hi all, don't know if it's been mentioned but Notcutts have a deal on 10kg science selective for rabbits or Guinea pigs. It's half price at £11.49......just picked up a bag for my boys!!!
dcf49a5c1f67d1f29b037457b1f943d3.jpg

Hope this helps someone!! X

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use burgess excel sadly, but i am changing my rabbit from science selective to burgess excel as that was what she was on before!

Thanks for the heads up. Just got to hope the offer is still on in two weeks time when I'm near a Notcutts. So glad I got these 10kg bags when they were on offer last time as they've lasted ages.

We nipped in and bought 100kilos (10 bags)_ yesterday . . to add to the 50 kilos we already had arriving from Amazon that day!

We got a Notcutts card as well so it was even cheaper - £10.49 a bag!!!!

Wow!! It was well worth a visit!! I'm thinking I should of picked up another bag then we would of been sorted for a long time!! I didn't see how long the offer was on for but fingers crossed it will be on offer when you go x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just checked the website and they're saying it's out of stock. Wonder if I can justify driving to the nearest one to get some given that I'm still using the 2nd bag of the two I bought in April.

We nipped in and bought 100kilos (10 bags)_ yesterday . . to add to the 50 kilos we already had arriving from Amazon that day!

We got a Notcutts card as well so it was even cheaper - £10.49 a bag!!!!

Blimey how many rabbits have you got now? We have 28 and only buy 30kg at a time!

Pet supermarket had good deals for this weekend so got mine there :)

Blimey how many rabbits have you got now? We have 28 and only buy 30kg at a time!

Pet supermarket had good deals for this weekend so got mine there :)

We have 32 here at present. Two just passing through. But we have a large shed so storing the bags is not a problem and £10.50 a bag is an amazingly good price. All well within sell by date. We seem to use about 10k a week in winter. We do have quite a few larger buns They get one handful each a day. Plus of coyrse all the hay and willow they can eat!!

Maybe I'm just tight with it! I make 30kg last 6-8 weeks. Think my bunnies might be packing their bags and heading towards Peterborough...... ;)

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

We have 32 here at present. Two just passing through. But we have a large shed so storing the bags is not a problem and £10.50 a bag is an amazingly good price. All well within sell by date. We seem to use about 10k a week in winter. We do have quite a few larger buns They get one handful each a day. Plus of coyrse all the hay and willow they can eat!!

:shock:

I would be afraid to keep bags of food outside in my sheds, just in case some hungry rodent got in there :lol:

Is a large bag of food worth it just for 2 buns? I usually get 4kg bags of Excel but often wonder if a 10kg bag would still be ok by the time I got to the bottom? They only have an eggcup a day.

QUOTE I would be afraid to keep bags of food outside in my sheds, just in case some hungry rodent got in there UNQUOTE

We do have that problem in the polytunnel and the garden tool shed but the superduper new large bikes and main tool shed seems fine - we do check them over.

If we have problems we can fit 5 in each of our timberstore/feed store specially purchased large wheelie bins - so just a matter of transferring some timber to the wood store.

But then I do spend £30 a week on herbs and veg :)

We just use the very large willow tree in the garden which needed about 10 ft height cut off it this year (done last week) - which is a hell of a lot of willow branches and twigs , supplemented by the equally prolific leaves and branch prunings from the 7 apple trees - and the neighbours orchard! Hopefully it wont be long until we are out foraging again . . .

Maybe I'm just tight with it! I make 30kg last 6-8 weeks. Think my bunnies might be packing their bags and heading towards Peterborough...... ;)

Most of our buns are large (not fat - just quite a few x large breeds) though they still only get a handful of SS a day - perhaps we have different sized hands.

Just checked the Notcutts website and the 10kg Science Selective is back in stock and the £11.49 per bag deal is still going. Thought I'd bump this up for anyone else needing to stock up.

Thanks for this post and the bump , I bought 2 bags and only a few quid delivery!

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk

Back