• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How old/What mix of Breeds?

veexox

New Kit
261dkip.jpg

ajnoec.jpg

Hi these are my bunnies Patch & Nesquik, I got them 3 days ago they have been free range in my unused dining room, cages are coming tomorrow but still planning to free range them as much as I can.
My questions are How old are they? What mix of breeds are they?

Last edited:
It can be difficult to determine a rabbit's age. One of my boys was 2 years old when I adopted him, and his behaviour was similar to that of my girls who were only about 8 months old at the time. I think generally an older rabbit would be less active, but it's hard to say, I've never had an elderly rabbit. My other boy's age is unknown, but since he plays and runs around less than the others I personally speculate he's older but I'm sure there are plenty of lazy young bunnies out there as well as super active elderly buns. So who knows, sorry I can't really help you there! :lol: As for breeds, the one on the right looks like a Holland or mini lop? Not sure about the one on the left, sorry! They are both very cute and I love their names, I hope you enjoy your new additions to the family! :D

They are gorgeous. I'll have a wee guess that your darker bunny has some English spot in there, the other a harlequin lop cross ? As thetigerthief says determining a bunnies age is difficult & I'd say impossible through a photo. Have fun with them

One looks like a lop, they seem to be under 2 years old as they still have that 'cute' faces. Not too sure though.

They both look like UK Dwarf Lops to me, although they could possible be cross breeds. Dwarf Lops tend to be more longer & slimmer in the face than a UK Mini Lop (Holland Lop) which have a shorter flatter face. Dwarf Lops will normally grow to about 4-5lbs whilst Mini Lops are only around 3lbs. If you look at the bunnies in my signature Maggie, George and Harry are all Dwarf Lops where as Hershel is a Mini Lop and you can see the difference in the faces.

The one on the left, the ears have only half lopped so are cutely referred as a helicopter bunny and is a broken sooty fawn colour, the same as my George. Whilst the one of the right has fully lopped and is a harlequin colour.

As TheTigerThief says rabbits can be quite hard to guess their age, but they both look quite young. I would probably guess no older than 6 months from the photos.

Both are gorgeous bunnies though, I hope you enjoy your new bunnies and please stick around on the forum.

Back